Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

louder exaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: louder exaust

The Harley guy revving his throttle made me wonder..... was his horn broken?

Old 04-28-2008, 12:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i say yes. if my fam can hear me down the block with my supertrapp then obviously a driver can hear me if im in their blind spot, in front or behind them. imo

Old 04-29-2008, 02:26 AM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

I like the loud obnoxious d&d pipes, help me identify where the squids are

I dont mind louder then stock, a good tuned pipe, but a d&d or gutted can is just stupid loud. Seems like on trips i always get stuck next to those guys and have to hear the pipe droan on for hours.
TK you fool! D&D is the only way to rock! My friends can definitely hear me at any speed in front of me or behind me for quite a ways.
lol...+1! I rock a D&D too. Am I a squid too, TK?

BTW, yes is the answer. It is safer. Take some physics classes or use some common sense. The sound would be projected in all directions. HOWEVER, speed is going to be an imperative factor on whether it is heard or not. There are other factors, but I won't get into it. Have a hard time believing this? Think of a train. You can hear it when you're in front of it can't you? That is more of a simple example and explanation. Like I said, I won't get into it...

Old 05-07-2008, 07:52 AM

I'd rather be heard then have my pressence unknown. But ride how you want and sound how you want.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:42 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: FFCBRf4i

I dont mind louder then stock, a good tuned pipe, but a d&d or gutted can is just stupid loud. Seems like on trips i always get stuck next to those guys and have to hear the pipe droan on for hours.
TK you fool! D&D is the only way to rock! My friends can definitely hear me at any speed in front of me or behind me for quite a ways.

BTW, yes is the answer. It is safer. Take some physics classes or use some common sense. The sound would be projected in all directions. HOWEVER, speed is going to be an imperative factor on whether it is heard or not. There are other factors, but I won't get into it. Have a hard time believing this? Think of a train. You can hear it when you're in front of it can't you? That is more of a simple example and explanation. Like I said, I won't get into it...
Even trains get in wrecks....

Old 05-07-2008, 08:44 AM
VP

[sm=youreright.gif]

Old 05-07-2008, 09:56 AM

if loud pipes saved lives, harley riders would ever be hit...

Old 05-07-2008, 12:08 PM

ORIGINAL: FFCBRf4i

Notice the horn on a train engine faces forward. You can also hear them coming because they have 4,000 hp engines and weigh a few hundred tons and are normally pulling hundreds of thousands of tons of cargo on metal rails that are ridden by metal wheels.

Far cry from 300+ lb bike with 100 or so hp anda rubber tire on concrete.

Does the noise from a loud pipe project forward? Yes, but it is also a lot less noisy and as such people don't pay as much attention because it sounds like it is not up close. Loud pipes just **** people off IMHO. I think bright colors and lights help more than anything. (shows why yellow and red cars are ticketed more often and why the govt mandated DRLs back in the 90s on cars.)

Old 05-07-2008, 01:10 PM

Motorcycle running lights have been in affect since 74 I believe. And red cars get ticketed more because a radar will pick up a red car before anything else. If a red and blue car are travelling side by side at the same speen it will pick up the red car. Other colors "absorb" the radar more than red.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:32 PM

ORIGINAL: F4Isvt

If a red and blue car are travelling side by side at the same speen it will pick up the red car. Other colors "absorb" the radar more than red.
Can you please tell me where you learned this? I have to go and completely re-educate myself on how radar and lazers work.

Quick Reply: louder exaust