Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

louder exaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 09:35 PM
VP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: louder exaust

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

I like the loud obnoxious d&d pipes, help me identify where the squids are

I dont mind louder then stock, a good tuned pipe, but a d&d or gutted can is just stupid loud. Seems like on trips i always get stuck next to those guys and have to hear the pipe droan on for hours.
TK you fool! D&D is the only way to rock! My friends can definitely hear me at any speed in front of me or behind me for quite a ways.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:37 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

VP gets a

Old 04-27-2008, 10:51 PM

OPEN EYES SAVE LIVES

My guess is loud exhaust only saves lives 1.087 percent of the time...and only on Thursdays

Old 04-27-2008, 11:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've heard other pipes louder than either of my D&D pipes. Well ok not the shorty but lol

Old 04-28-2008, 01:28 AM

the sound of your engine is projected forward also btw. air waves travel out the front of your intakes almost as much as your exhaust. dont believe me? well i just read this AMAZING book ya'll should check out. "sportbike performance" ill get the authors name when im sober.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:52 AM
Banned

Some loud bikes sound good, but I don't think they are safer. I know if I hear a loud noise when I am driving I turn my head to that noise, usually the car follows. High beams during the day probably help more than anything.

If making noise was so safe, then I think we should all ride around honking our horns, kinda like inNew York City, and we all know there are no accidents in New York City.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:40 AM

I voted no because I don't believe that they save lives. Not saying that I only like the sound of stock bikes, I like a nice sounding aftermarket. It's just the sound of almost straight pipes that I don't like. They justattract attention and make people look down on all sport bikes in general.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only time I hear a Harley, is when they are in front of me. Since the exhaust is pointed out the back...the noise travels out the back. And very little of it eminates forward. So, the only people that hear you are the people that see you. Besides most people have their stereos blarring and the cars are so tight to shield against external noise...it would make any difference except to scare the old couple on the sidewalk with their walkers and wake sleeping babies.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:17 AM

I have read that bikes with aftermarket exhaust wreck more, but who knows? I do know that my bike is very loud-got to love D&D LOL! and people look over at m all the time so I know they are hearing me. My exhaust is much louder then my horn. I voted yes just becasue I do know that people here me. My mom knows i'm comming way before I ever get to her house LOL!

Old 04-28-2008, 12:07 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

OPEN EYES SAVE LIVES

My guess is loud exhaust only saves lives 1.087 percent of the time...and only on Thursdays
...and only until noon on those Thursdays.

I think loud pipes...are loud. I think they save lives as much as a loud fart would. Whenever I hear a super loud Harley pipe, I have no idea where he is at until I look around. It is just loud everywhere. It kind of reminds me of a cricket. You know how when they a chirping away it is hard to pinpoint where the sound is coming from? Kind of like that.

Quick Reply: louder exaust