Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Lost my best friend and his sister in a motorcycle accident.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lost my best friend and his sister in a motorcycle accident.

ORIGINAL: 95camaro01f4i

ORIGINAL: Grlzridet0o69

Most Cops do lie....sorry but in most states they can not chase someone on a motorcycle. I am pretty sure it is illegal in most of the state here.
most cops lie??? and your supporting this by what? wait let me get this right a guy is going to lie about something he has no reason to lie about so he can lose his job? or someone that is trying not to look bad or go to jail? hmmmm.

so wait cops can chase cars and not bikes? i have never heard of such a thing....most times pursuits of vehicals are dictated by department policies and local laws sometimes state laws which are usually a resualt of what citizens want.
i think some people in these forums just like to argue...andI wont do that here. Lets just pray for this family and the ones that lost someone they loved. I have my opinion and you have yours, thats what i like about this country. So drop it.

Old 06-03-2007, 05:16 PM

i think some people in these forums just like to argue...andI wont do that here. Lets just pray for this family and the ones that lost someone they loved. I have my opinion and you have yours, thats what i like about this country. So drop it.
I agree...wtf is all this arguing about? There has been a horrible tragedy here and the man is looking for support and you people are arguing about **** in this thread?!? WTF?

Smalls, I'm sorry to hear about the loss and apologize on behalf of the ignorant ******** in here. You'll be okay. Don't worry about what others say about blaming you. That's there way of dealing with the situation, just be the bigger person about it and weigh it on your shoulders and keep your head up.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:31 PM

You know it really sucks because cops have seen it many times ,cop chases bikes biker usually crash, but they still decide to chase bikes to give them that stupid ticket knowing that they are gonna get hurt.Or when innocent bystanders get hurt its still the bikers fault not the cop chasing the bike. If the cop stopthe chase people would still be alive to give them that ticket later.Whatever though hopefully the family and friends can find peace.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:47 PM

ORIGINAL: 95camaro01f4i

Most Cops do lie....sorry but in most states they can not chase someone on a motorcycle. I am pretty sure it is illegal in most of the state here.
most cops lie??? and your supporting this by what? wait let me get this right a guy is going to lie about something he has no reason to lie about so he can lose his job? or someone that is trying not to look bad or go to jail? hmmmm.

so wait cops can chase cars and not bikes? i have never heard of such a thing....most times pursuits of vehicals are dictated by department policies and local laws sometimes state laws which are usually a resualt of what citizens want.
i do feel sorry for there loss and and you can play nice and incocnet and go there are just some people who like to argue but and make it out to be that im arguing but you bated people in this thread with useless information and opinions of yours that didnt need to be added to the thread. and if you read my first response you would see i didnt come in here to argue just give my condolences maybe next time you should leave yours at that.

Old 06-04-2007, 02:07 AM

Sorry for your loss man, a true tragedy. My condolences...

Old 06-04-2007, 02:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

Sorry for your loss. I read about this in an instruction today at work. New naval message wants every rider and potential rider to identify what bike they ride, and experience level, and accident history to develope some sort of training. In the bulliten, they spoke of this particular incident in regards to sailors getting killed on bikes. Why did he run?????????? Regardless, a pointles and preventable loss, sypathy to all affected.

I agree. I teach this stuff all day long to Marines and Sailors. If you get caught man up to it. You were always taught especially in the MILITARY. You are RESPONSIBLE for your actions. Especially endangering his own sister. I do feel bad. But I agree with SHOCKTROOP. That could have been prevented. Just pull over and take it like a man!! I lost many and I mean MANY of close close friends to riding. Even their crashes could have been prevented. Once again I feel for those who were close. I know I have been there.

Semper Fi

Old 06-04-2007, 12:16 PM

Either way...im sorry for your loss and I will continue to pray for you and the family. I am not arguing with anyone here, I just said you shouldnt talk bad about the guys friend.....he is having a hard time as it is. thats all i was saying.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:07 AM

RIP condolence to you and yours

Old 06-05-2007, 04:39 AM

Maybe it's just me, but as much as I care for a few near and dear to me, I can't be there to make decissions for them. So if they make their bed,then they gotta sleep in it. I feel really sorry for the parents, more so cause of the daughter, and I don't buy into the instinct thing. The last thing I think if I get pulled over is to run. You play, well, sometimes you gotta pay, and if it's only a ticket, maybe you got lucky. Now, I'm not tryong to be an ***, but at the end of the day, I don't feel bad for peoples choices, unless they affect others, like the sister/daughter, but for him...well,no malice intended, but he cooked up that stew on his own. For the friend and the OP, sorry for your loss, and if possible, remember him in spirit, but don't feel sorry for him, he made his own choices, and you couldn't be there to watch over him, nor is it your responsibility, so chalk it up to anotherone gone, live and learn. This may seem callous to you, butperhaps thats just me. I've lost many friends, from drug deals gone bad to suicide, murder, drunk drivers, accidents, you name it. And......while it sucks, I don't take any weight on my shoulders. It was their choice, not mine and nothing I could do could have taken it back or prevented it. Personal accountability. I can't feel too sorry for someone that gets burned playing with fire, know what I mean? So while this is not a personal attack on anyone, I can see all aspects of the former posts, from guys bagginthe OPto 69 tellin folks to get off his ***, he just lost a friend, I can see all points and all hold weight. I hate to say that this is just another thread of someone making a bad decission, but thats what it is, only with a higher toll. I sympathize with the guy, but I don't feel sorry for him.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've read this article time and again in the local boards. yes lots of flames from many...
please do learn from your buddy's mistake(s) and do not put anyone else's life in danger by running or do anything drastic or off "instinctive" behavior...

MSF does go over controlling instinctive behavior, and so do many advance courses...it's that important when riding a bike.

Quick Reply: Lost my best friend and his sister in a motorcycle accident.