Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Looking for a System Administrator

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 11:14 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a System Administrator

Below is a recent e-mail I received and my reply-to-all response to this e-mail...

from shean leigon <shean.leigon@gmail.com>
to <REMOVED>
date Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 12:01 AM
subject Looking for a System Administrator

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I apologize for the spam, however I am hoping you all can help me out. I am trying to find the last few technicians to complete our team at work. What we are looking for is a System Administrator with a strong background in Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and XP desktop support. Unix and basic network experience is a great plus as well! The individual must have a TS/SCI and the job is located in Las Vegas. It is a high ops tempo, mission critical type of environment. Highly rewarding, great pay, great benefits. If you guys know of anyone please send them my way, thanks!

Shean Leigon
Shean.Leigon@gmail.com

-

from ShOoRtBuSs <shoortbuss@gmail.com>
to shean leigon <shean.leigon@gmail.com>
cc <REMOVED>
date Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 12:11 AM
subject Re: Looking for a System Administrator

Shean,

I am currently not in a position to take you up on your offer, but I am curious as to how you got my information. Also, for privacy reasons, you may want to consider using the BCC field when sending a mass e-mail. Though I am honored to be considered for this unique opportunity among the likes of jesuschrist@heaven.com, naptownnegro@sbcglobal.net, and eatwang@bagofcoque.net, I'm sure most on the people receiving this e-mail would appreciate it if their names and personal e-mail addresses were not distributed in this method. Thank you.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:25 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Looking for a System Administrator

I once received a response from a recruiting agency to an application I had made, and the typist included every applicant's name on the distribution -needless to say that particular agency didn't last very long. Gave me a good idea which of my colleagues were looking around, though....

Old 09-24-2008, 11:30 PM
Banned

I spoke to Shean a little more after this, and it turns out that this list was generated from an e-mail sent out by a military recruiter a month ago. This particular message was addressed to members of the inactive reserves, meaning veterans that had fulfilled their required duty but are still under contract to be called upon for several years after their active time is up.

The original e-mail also exposed the addresses of EVERYBODY, and it sent off a chain of reply-all e-mails that spurned a debate about the military. It was quite amusing, and perhaps one day I'll compile it all and post it up here. Ironic though, that Shean made the exact same mistake by choosing to solicit to this specific mailing list.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:57 AM
RCR

eatwang..@bagofcoque Nice!!!

Old 09-25-2008, 03:39 PM

Oh, I see hockey season is starting soon...

...wait... what was this thread about again? I'm too busy trying to decifer what shoortbuss has hidden in his sig that he is trying to secretly commune to me, and others.

OH MY GOD!!!! THE MARSHMELLOW MAN IS ATTACKING PITTSBURGH!!! WHO YOU GONNA CALL?!?!?!?

Old 09-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: jfunkRR

Oh, I see hockey season is starting soon...

...wait... what was this thread about again? I'm too busy trying to decifer what shoortbuss has hidden in his sig that he is trying to secretly commune to me, and others.

OH MY GOD!!!! THE MARSHMELLOW MAN IS ATTACKING PITTSBURGH!!! WHO YOU GONNA CALL?!?!?!?

Ya know, I still can't believe nobody has noticed something I have hidden in there...or if they did, they didn't call it out...Look closely

Old 09-25-2008, 05:45 PM

I wish I could, but I am on a 1900x1200 wide screen monitor and your sig iskind ofsmall... I knew you had something in there though...

Old 09-25-2008, 07:03 PM

Oh. My. God. I just realized what he has hidden in there lmao.... nice one, shoort

Old 09-25-2008, 07:07 PM

I see it to now...lol

19" LCD at home it shows up...when at work, can't see it at all...lol

Old 09-26-2008, 12:11 AM

I never would have noticed it, if y'all wouldn't have said something about it. Nice work!

Quick Reply: Looking for a System Administrator