Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Look At This Friggin' Thing!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 10:18 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tentacleslap
You owe us a video of that thing running
Yes, soon!!

I checked that motion pro tank out - It is expensive but the design looks good and it's plastic which is nice. I'll probably buy one - It's a justifiable tool!

For this run and to get the party started I have a briggs & stratton tank that I should be able to rig up. It's clean.

Old 12-08-2017, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah those temporary tanks are super handy. I use mine to do a yearly run/fresh fuel for all my busted up projects. I just move the tank from one bike to the next hanging from a little camera tripod. Saves a ton of work and prob quite a bit safer than diy options

Old 12-18-2017, 10:25 AM

I ended up buying 10' of fuel line for my plastic Briggs & Stratton fuel tank, and rigged up a step ladder with coat hangers lol - Everything is ready, would be able to fire it up right now except for this:

I forgot when disassembling my carbs that some of the fuel mixture screw washers were missing. The springs were squished over the o rings for three of the carbs. I thought about just reassembling the way it was but couldn't bring myself to do it, mainly because I have the original anti tamper screws that can't be removed without taking the bowls back off. I might grind the tabs off tonight but does anybody know where I can buy just those washers and o rings. I spent a lot of time looking but couldn't find a way to not spend around $60 for a bunch of rebuild stuff I don't need. I already have new isolator boots and bowl o rings, everything else looks to be in great shape.

Old 12-18-2017, 10:26 AM

Oh, and the Gronk performed beautifully last night - Even did his "hulk" thing lol!

Old 12-18-2017, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

10 feet of fuel line, stepladder and coat hangers. Yup, you've officially gone country lolol

For the washers/orings you could clap-em for a measurement and try and find something that'll fit at the local hardware store, or the other option is to check at the parts counter of the dealership/local bike shop. They might roll their eyes a bit but if you bring measurements/part numbers (if it's the dealership) they'll probably appreciate it. Either way bring the actual parts so you can properly match it

Prepare to be overcharged cause parts guys consider these things a bit of a nuisance, so if they have to walk all the way back and ask a tech, they're gonna charge at least 10 bucks for a 50 cent part - but the fitment will be good

If not, there's always bikebandit but that'll be a couple weeks away

Old 12-18-2017, 12:52 PM

Thanks man, you gave me the will to keep searchin' - Found this place, don't see washers, but the o rings are between .99 and 2.98 depending on the size. Thankfully I have one washer and one "good" o ring that wasn't squished so I'm going to measure 'em up...

https://www.jetsrus.com/parts/orings.html

Old 12-18-2017, 01:21 PM

This is 147 minutes I'll never get back, but maybe it will help others someday...

https://www.z1enterprises.com/keihin...washers-1.html

Old 12-18-2017, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator
Received 310 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by GronkFries
Oh, and the Gronk performed beautifully last night - Even did his "hulk" thing lol!

Typically we only have two hard and fast topics that are forbidden on this forum, religion and politics. I am going to start an initiative to create a 3rd, anything relates to the NE Patriots in a positive manner.

Old 12-18-2017, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by hamlin6
Typically we only have two hard and fast topics that are forbidden on this forum, religion and politics. I am going to start an initiative to create a 3rd, anything relates to the NE Patriots in a positive manner.
I figured that would come up eventually lol!!

Old 12-18-2017, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator
Received 310 Likes on 254 Posts

Yep. I'm a Colts fan, followed closely by the Steelers. Needless to say, it hasn't been a good year.

Quick Reply: Look At This Friggin' Thing!