Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

long overdue update on the bike repair

Old 12-05-2007, 02:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default long overdue update on the bike repair

Wow - it's been awhile....

Let's see, I'll start by saying I finally got the bike into the shop and the lead mechanic walked me through a complete tear down of my front end.(Refresher since it's been so long - the bike was laid down by txn_driver and I earlier this year) The forks, upper and lower triple tree, the wheel axle and assorted bearings, not to mention the rotors all needed replacement. Needless to say that extensive of a list has required gathering pieces and parts for awhile now. They finally got the front forks together and its good to go except for rotors now. Even with the road rash though, it's still the sharpest bike in the shop :-) Instead of leaving it out in the garage they moved it into shop for everyone to admire it! If my rotors will hurry up and ship there is every possibility of me being back on the road by next weekend - which means I don't care if it's 25 degrees outside, I'm going for a ride.

txn_driver's bike is next up!

Old 12-05-2007, 06:25 AM
Banned
Default RE: long overdue update on the bike repair

Pics?

Old 12-05-2007, 07:17 AM

So what are they doing with the old parts? Sounds like they were road worthy for a while, send me a PM if you'd wanna get them off your hands.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:32 AM

[sm=ttiwwp.gif] And you know this.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'd wait for warmer weather, or else chances are the bike will be back in the shop again! mauahahhah

Old 12-05-2007, 10:51 AM

LOL well I don't think I'll be taking any cross country trips any time soon but I've been jonesin for a ride pretty hard so I might be taking my chances with the cold... As for the broken pieces - nope, my bike hasn't seen the road (at least with all the wheels pointing in the right direction) since May.

The bike is still pretty ugly because the cowl is off and the front fender was snapped in the wreck lots of missing fairings at the moment to get to pieces and parts but I'll post some new pics later this evening, but these are on this comp now.

You can't see it here but the fork is bent so badly that while teh handlebars are all the way to the left - the wheel is pointing straight.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:28 PM

Well dear it took awhile but we got it fixed, just waiting on the rotors i still say its pretty and if someone is a good little girl they might get new fairings and a smoked double bubble wind screen for x-mas!=)

Old 12-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Default now with pics!

These are the current repairs - still gotta get the front axle and bearings on it, and the rotors and brake system.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Default RE: now with pics!

those forks are lookin better

Old 12-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: now with pics!

What about the wheel itself? With a bent fork like that, is the wheel is still in good condition?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: long overdue update on the bike repair