Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Logical Question, Would CBRforum be around...?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 02:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Logical Question, Would CBRforum be around...?

Well if SHTF ever happened, it would be nice to have a comunication platform available. Sounds like CBRforum would not be one to base this idea on. [&o]

Old 12-12-2008, 02:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Northernfirepower

Well if SHTF ever happened, it would be nice to have a comunication platform available. Sounds like CBRforum would not be one to base this idea on. [&o]
It will have to be a cup and string method.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i vote carrier pigeons or smoke signals

Old 12-12-2008, 02:30 PM

ORIGINAL: thisismyacct

ORIGINAL: catamayo85

ORIGINAL: rrasco

its official, we are blaming nothern when it happens.
agreed, way to out yourself northern! [8D]
so northern is planning on taking the forum down?? you bastard!
Kill HIM!!!!

Old 12-12-2008, 02:31 PM

If things got that bad, I'd be more concerned with priorities, nothing against you guys but things like food/shelter and protection would be on my mind. If CBRF goes down and things start to look sketchy, I'm grabbin my FAL! I jest I jest.......

Old 12-12-2008, 02:45 PM

I think as long as the majority of the servers around the US were still running, there would be a route for you to get CBRF to your home computer. If one server goes down, the path is just re-routed. According to tracert, CBRF is routed along at least 23 servers, at least to my location. Now if your ISP blew up, then we would have problems.

Lets hope it never happens, I dont know what I would do at school is this forum went down []

Old 12-12-2008, 02:48 PM

It's not routed along servers at all, it's ROUTED through ROUTERS.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:50 PM

Im thinkin of the long range picture. I wouldnt wanna travel all the way to the east coast to see if it is under control of another organization, its be better to have some underground style inteligence that could be communicated from region to region. (States, teritorys, continental, ect)

By all means, CBRf would not be my #1 priority in the case of SHTF, but once life could be stable enough to want a national/worldwide information network, I wonder if it would even be possible.

Saddly I think Nauree has the most realistic possible communication, damn dixie cups on strings.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:53 PM

WHOA REALLY?!
Thats crazy. So glad you caught me on that one.

Excuse me, I wasn't trying too get specific.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:56 PM
Banned

Would CBRforum be around connection wise if someSHTF (**** hit the fan) event?
I understand your concern. I for one care not if insulin is available or a steady supply of blood for emergency patients. Forget about the world economic markets or whether or not your bank information is secure. Don't worry about traffic lights or trying to buy goods and services without credit or in a world where cash is worthless. I say we need to care about the important things like CBRF and its survivability throughout an Event of Biblical Porportions (EBP).

In order to safeguard the CBRF from an EBP I suggest the following steps to be taken by those in charge.

1) Completely redundent servers, one in Cheyenne Mountain and one kept in the Jules Undersea Lodge in Emerald Lagoon in Key Largo. They are locared on opposite ends of the continental USA and should one coast fall to an EBP the other should survive.

2) Clone all the moderators and key posters such as myself, Jules, Spirit, and of course NorthernFirepower to maintain continuity. You may want to clone me twice just to make sure I have a spare of me in case I die in a tragic toilet incedent.

3) Ban all family planning activities so we may repopulate this forum as quikly as possible.

4) For the non-cloned members, or as we call them expendible posters (EP),they should name two successors, each with a similar if not better personality.

I think these 4 steps should safeguard our beloved forum from any EBP. I never really wondered what would happen to this forum in we did get nuked or something like that, I hope someone listens to and heeds my recommendations.

Quick Reply: Logical Question, Would CBRforum be around...?