Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Local news A$$hats

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 12:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Local news A$$hats

I have to say I have seen my fair share of sport bikes and cruisers doing stupid ****.
Where the F#$K did they get their info?! "Crotch riders?!" Idiots!

Old 05-08-2008, 12:20 AM

yea we kind of expect this every spring tho, one of the news channels does a report on how dangerous sport bikes are and yadda yadda, last year they ran a second story after so many angry e-mail were sent, saying that not all bikers are bad and actually interviewed the local group who is around 200-300 member that organized tons of charity events each year, granted this was the other local news station so i guess this year its this stations turn. and yea it looks like they were hurting fora story so quickly threw together some youtube videostoshow "examples"lol

Old 05-08-2008, 12:23 AM

I hope someone got fired after this aired!

Old 05-08-2008, 04:48 AM

Friggin idiots man!

Old 05-08-2008, 07:13 AM
Banned

I love when the media takes terms from pop-culture and tries to make them sound professional. Local media truly bothers the f*** out of me. I can't help but to watch those promo spots they have and laugh, where it shows the reporter looking at random papers and then turning their head and smiling at the camera as if they didn't know it was there and they were pleasantly surprised by the camera's arrival. Those shots probably took multiple takes, with a film crew and a director and everything...and a script that says "Shuffle through random papers and then pleasantly turn head and smile."

I also get really annoyed when I watch the way reporters move their heads when delivering the news. Is there a school that teaches these erratic head bobs, because every reporter seems to bob their head the same way. A few people have parodied this quite well, to include Anchorman, The Daily Show, and the South Park episode where the kids did a school news show. Best line from that episode is when they went to Butters on the celebrity watch in front of the school..."No, still no celebrities...I thought I saw Sigourney Weaver before, but it turns out it was just a dead horse."

Old 05-08-2008, 07:37 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You should send these videos to the station.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YkHHJEhMuck

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YkHHJEhMuck

Old 05-08-2008, 08:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What? You expected truth, honesty, and an unbiased viewpoint from a media station......HA!

Old 05-08-2008, 08:43 AM

I hate the term "crotch rocket" it just sounds nasty and 80's LOL! I say I ride a sport bike or i'm a sport biker. That story was just dumb, but it did tell people to watch out for bikes. I did like how the vid's were just chicks rollnig buy all slow.

That is just one more reason I don't watch the news and will not let it on in my house. Weather is the on form of news I will watch.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:46 AM

WTF

"The motorcyclesare called "Crotch Rockets." They are more aerodynamic --- hug the body more -- and can sometimes go faster than regular motorcycles"

regular motorcycles being harleys? I hope that our bikes can go faster than regular motorcycles? they act like they have never saw a sport bike before and they dont know what to think of them other than "there too fast, and dangerous"

Glad I dont live in toledo, seems like the cops there are just waiting to pull ya over if you ride a sport bike.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:54 PM

anybody else notice that in the youtube video they ended on, the rider was about to highside?

but the other 99.6% of the video made me want to beat some baby seals to death with a sack full of kittens. [:@]

Quick Reply: Local news A$$hats