CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   local man died this week (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/local-man-died-week-39027/)

jaynd 05-13-2007 09:31 PM

local man died this week

ok, so he wasnt on a sportbike....but i thought i'd post it up anyways........

he was riding his brand new harley down the road, a man coming towards him was high on marijuana and for some reason swerved and struck the guardrail on the other side of the road, when he bounced off the guardrail he struck the man driving the harley head on! the man was thrown OOOOOVER the powerlines and landed in a field. i talked to a girl who was a paramedic on the scene and she said that almost all his bonesweresticking out of his skin, and thatthey gave him CPR so much that they cracked his ribs trying to revive him, but it wasnt enough. the man lost his life there in the field. the driver of the vehical that was under the influence is looking at a rack of charges including vehicular manslaughter.

be safe and keep an eye out!

dwhite645 05-13-2007 10:17 PM

RE: local man died this week

Wow, that's terrible. It's awful to hear that some douche bag caused that.

jaynd 05-13-2007 10:22 PM

seriously! and i just read the article in the paper and its sad to read the family members comments on the loss. the daughter cant find a way to tell her son what happened to his grandfather, she just told him "grandpa is visiting the angels", but the boy keeps saying "yeah but he'll be back". very sad to hear about and to read.

#1oreo 05-13-2007 10:31 PM

That is f'd up! (can you swear on cbrworld?) Over the powerlines is what 50 feet? With top notch protection i'm pretty sure he would still have died.

N8 Dawg 05-13-2007 10:33 PM

wow over the power lines! my gosh and was still alive after that....manthat would be a painful death...I would want to die instantly....

and all becuase of some jerkoff, he lost his life...

jaynd 05-13-2007 10:33 PM

well, i can say that in my area..........seeing a "harley" rider in full gear and a FULL face helmet is few and far between. the paper said he had a helmet on, but im going w/ the assumption that it was a brain bucket one. the paper also said he got into a bad motorcycling accident 20yrs ago.

Brandon77 05-13-2007 11:59 PM

man thats awful to hear...it sucks that so many people lose their lives because of the poor decisions of others. RIP

WoodyRR 05-14-2007 03:07 AM

Most all stories have been relatively depressing lately.......lot's of riders down so far.

Everybody, please be safe. You may find that YOU are the one that has to prevent the accident one day. RIDER AWARENESS!