Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

local accident (cop killed, biker got away)

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 07:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: local accident (cop killed, biker got away)

ORIGINAL: rrasco

it shouldnt be murder, manslaughter if any, but it was not inherently his fault so imo shouldnt be manslaughter either, but he does need to be held accountable for HIS actions (this is in reference to the FL incident).

on a side note, i didnt hear them say it was the officer who died, 2 people who were traveling togethor were killed.....so i dont think the officer died unless i am mis-assuming.

Thats what I got out of it too.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:55 PM

ORIGINAL: HurricaneForce

This reallt sucks, but shouldn't be a murder charge for the biker. The cop is the one who decided to put himself in danger, and lost control of his vehicle.
I agree.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:00 PM

This to me feels kinda like saying that guns kill people. Its a very sided issue, and i dont want to fan anyone's flames. [&:]

Legally I dont think it should be his fault for the police officer chasing him and getting killed. The biker chose to run, not to kill anyone. Isn't murder is when someone conciously makes the decision to kill someone? At worst it should be manslaughter IMO.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes drew, murder must be pre-meditated in order to be murder, and even then you have varying degrees (1st deg murder, 2nd deg murder). you have to say, i am going to kill this person. manslaughter is being held responsible for a death, whether it is manslaughter, vehicular manslaughter, or intoxicated manslaughter.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont quote me on the cop dying. i heard it on the radio early this morning but didnt see it anywhere in that report.

and if anything, he'll get involuntary manslaughter, correct?

Old 05-31-2007, 08:48 PM

it shouldnt be murder, manslaughter if any, but it was not inherently his fault so imo shouldnt be manslaughter either, but he does need to be held accountable for HIS actions (this is in reference to the FL incident).

as for the DC incident, the statements lead me to believe the riders wreckless riding caused the pileup to begin with, which in that case i believe he shoudl be charged with manslaughter.

this just goes to show how running from the police puts more people in danger than just the biker. yes the police officer was chasing, but would not have been if the rider had not run to begin with. on a side note, i didnt hear them say it was the officer who died, 2 people who were traveling togethor were killed.....so i dont think the officer died unless i am mis-assuming.

in the past months(in d/fw)there has been countless accidents-involving police crashing into innocent
people as a result-of either speeding to a crime scene or a high speed chase,i thought i had heard
that police were not to engage into a high speed chase situation unless a reported felony had been
commited?
rassco you are south of me,have you heard anything about this?
i dont know if this is d/fw or all of texas?
anyway i hope they catch the biker,in the mean time-i would hate to have a black bike in that area!!

Old 05-31-2007, 09:33 PM

this is why cops shouldnt chase bikes 75% biker 25% cops fault IMO. terrible terrible terrible

"a black motorcycle" good luck finding that one

Old 05-31-2007, 09:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: JZHALES

"a black motorcycle" good luck finding that one
seriously! that thing is probably streetfightered by now or its got niiiiiiiiiice new, fresh paint on it.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:41 PM

um, i dont know. i have not heard any specifics. i know there are certain states and/or counties that will break off a pursuit if they feel its too dangerous. i also think there are some that dont allow pursuits at all. i know sapd, bexar county and troopers will chase you, so none down in my parts of tx.

in either case, people need to realize (yes, people on this board) that if you run, whether or not the cop should have chased you or not is not up for discusssion........why are you running from a speeding ticket, or a wheelie? is it worth your life? is it worth anyone elses around you? is it worth the cops who is just doing his job? of course, if someone did get hurt other than yourself, its not your fault right? no one should have been traveling on your road, and that cop shouldnt have been doing traffic duty on your road right?

my dad always told me something, and i will always remember it. it was about 2 second decisions. he said, when those decisions come, you will know, and that 2 second decision can change the rest of your life just as fast as you make it. cuz when you make that decision, it could be the most important decision of your life, and you dont get to make it again. just think about that.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:53 PM

um, i dont know. i have not heard any specifics. i know there are certain states and/or counties that will break off a pursuit if they feel its too dangerous. i also think there are some that dont allow pursuits at all. i know sapd, bexar county and troopers will chase you, so none down in my parts of tx.

in either case, people need to realize (yes, people on this board) that if you run, whether or not the cop should have chased you or not is not up for discusssion........why are you running from a speeding ticket, or a wheelie? is it worth your life? is it worth anyone elses around you? is it worth the cops who is just doing his job? of course, if someone did get hurt other than yourself, its not your fault right? no one should have been traveling on your road, and that cop shouldnt have been doing traffic duty on your road right?

my dad always told me something, and i will always remember it. it was about 2 second decisions. he said, when those decisions come, you will know, and that 2 second decision can change the rest of your life just as fast as you make it. cuz when you make that decision, it could be the most important decision of your life, and you dont get to make it again. just think about that.
dont get me wrong,when i lived in new orleans-some of my best friends were on the force!!
the problem i have been seeing-with the cop bashing-is that the people doing the bashing
have never been in a position where they have needed a cop-a real 911 call!!
ill leave it at that!!

Quick Reply: local accident (cop killed, biker got away)