Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Listen to radio/mp3 player while riding

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Listen to radio/mp3 player while riding

Anyone put some ear phones in while riding? I was thinking about mounting something in my helment. Any good ideas.?

Old 03-21-2006, 10:29 PM
Retired Mod
Default RE: Listen to radio/mp3 player while riding

i know its cheap, but all i do is remove the earpads and duct tape a cheap set of earbuds in there. put the pads back in and run the wire to the player and off you go. the best part is that since the ear buds are not in your ears, you can still hear road noises and such while listening to the music.

Old 03-21-2006, 10:31 PM

All the time, MP3 player/Radio.. I just usually have one ear piece in on the right side to muffle the exhaust sound a little. That way everything else can still be heard. :-) Just makes the ride more interesting.

Old 03-21-2006, 10:34 PM

Yeah I put an ipod shuffle in mine.I mounted the ipod with velcro and hollowed out a little of the padding for the speakers.I can still hear traffic.

Old 03-21-2006, 11:32 PM

In most states its prohibited to use headphones of any kind while riding. Refer to your riders safety manual for when you took your written test to get your temps. Watch out for the smokies if you do use a listening device that covers your ears. It does impair your ability to hear everything that is going on around you. And a good "jam" might distract you. I personaly dont listen to anything while riding (most of the time im just cruising and not wearing my helmate anyway).

Old 03-21-2006, 11:34 PM
Retired Admin, January 2008 ROTM, Lord of Neon & L.E.D.s

I always listen to mine. In my cage I got subs........not many places for those on the bike so...........I need to hear some good music at all times. I just use my retractable ear buds, I can still hear traffic and my favourite tunes.
LJ

Old 03-22-2006, 12:02 AM

i posted this same question on many a forum.. and your in luck cuz i found somthing!

http://www.autocomamerica.com/docs/home.cfm

there really expensive.. except the easi-7 is an old model and you can get them half price now.. there is a shop in town here that sells them for 80$ and they have 5 left. it comes with headphones that you can mount in your helmet, it has a mouth pice so you can talk on your cell phone. and the best part, for me anyway is you can listen to music and a radar detector and when the radar goes off it will mute the music. same thing if you want to hook up your cell instead of a detector. i haven't used it yet since the place i bought it from is also mounting the headphones for me.

Old 03-22-2006, 12:26 AM

Well if it means I will be breaking the law by doing it, then I am all for it! Yea i was thinking of just putting the ear phone in the helmet and not in my ears. Sounds like that works pretty well. I was hoping to get some sort of wireless headphones and rig them in the helmet then just put the mp3 player in my pocket. Not sure if they make small wireless ones though. So do you guys mount the mp3 player in or on the helmet or just run it down to your pocket?

Old 03-22-2006, 12:35 AM

Everyone that I know puts it in a pocket. Harder for Smokies to see you using it. Ears buds are the most common that I've seen used.

Old 03-22-2006, 12:40 AM

i listen to mine everytime i ride (few close calls too), usually i put one on the right ear, and wear a bandana to hold it in place..

Quick Reply: Listen to radio/mp3 player while riding