Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

On line bike show for sport bikes (VORTEX FRAME SLIDERS 1ST PRIZE)

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 11:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On line bike show for sport bikes (VORTEX FRAME SLIDERS 1ST PRIZE)

Hey guys. I'm new here but I've been lurking for months now since I'm a Honda fan. I run a website for honda shadow spirits and now I have the itch for a sport bike so I've been reading my *** off here lately.

Anyway - all that aside I just started a new site... it actually launched today.

www.chromewhore.com

It's a full time 24/7 bike show. But this time sport bike riders aren't left out. I have two categories - one for sport bikes and one for cruisers. Everyone feel free to host all your pics here. You can host up to 6 and link to them in your sigs of course... free of charge. Just sign up and set up your garage.

Check all the bikes out and vote for each one. This is nearly the end of the month so this show will go on until Sept. 30 and then we'll announce winners and reset all the scores and start over.

This month the prizes are chromewhore T-shirts for the 1st place winners in cruiser and sportbike categories. If we get enough traffic and interest I may add more to that little deal. We'll see how it goes. I anticipate having some pretty damn nice prizes for the next months's show.

So please everyone sign up... check it out. Have fun. There's a big forum there as well and you can upload your avatars for free. And a "trash talk" section as well!

You can also have a "vote for my bike sig" You can get one of these by going to your garage and clicking on "create link to your profile" Then you'll get the HTML code to drop in to your sig.

Anyway I know I'm a new guy but I thought you folks might be interested. I have posted the link to a lot of my honda cruiser riding buds but I don't think there are any sport bikes in the system yet. Of course it's only been up for a few hours now!

Thanks,

SIK

Old 08-24-2005, 12:48 PM
Default RE: On line bike show for sport bikes

Nobody?

C'mon I got that one little Suzuki GS550 sitting there all alone in sport bikes. Throw up some of those badass pics.

Old 08-25-2005, 01:51 PM

Amanda,

I just read the rules here on "dropping links" in threads. I wrote you an email to see what we can do. I'd happily do some sort of exchange with you.

I'm not trying to steal anyone away or anything. I just want to offer a place for sport bike riders to show off their stuff and vote for who will win that month's prize.

Everyone considers bike shows just for choppers and cruisers but I would like to see that change.

Thanks for your time

SIK

Old 08-25-2005, 03:35 PM

A few pics up n done mostly older pics i`ll get some new`uns soon.

http://www.chromewhore.com/bikes.aspx?t=sportbike

Old 08-25-2005, 04:14 PM

Right on man. Thanks for participating.

Looks like you're gonna get a new shirt if nobody else shows up haha!

Great looking bike I'm jealous as hell.

Old 09-29-2005, 11:24 AM

Hey Anubis,

Maybe you won't win on www.chromewhore.com this month and it'll be a good thing. I could only give out T-shirts this month. But in October Vortex is putting up a set of frame sliders and pucks for the winner.
Where is everyone though? Man the sport bike pages are just empty!

Ride safe,

SIK

Old 09-29-2005, 04:03 PM

Threw mine up there....now go vote for it!!!

Vote for me!!!

Old 09-29-2005, 04:37 PM

Nice!

I see all these bikes in the "bike o' the month" forum - I know you guys have some nice stuff. It's just hard to get the word out to sport bike riders that there's a bike show for them now.

I'm working on getting good prizes every month for everyone. I know people really like Vortex's sliders so I contacted them and couldn't believe how cool they were about this.

Maybe we'll get more bikes in there for October and it'll pick up from there. We'll see.

Thanks for entering your bike!

SIK

Old 10-12-2005, 12:51 PM

Nobody else wants to take a stab at some free frame sliders? Come on - show off those bikes!

www.chromewhore.com

SIK

Old 10-12-2005, 02:22 PM

what exactly is the premise of that site?

Quick Reply: On line bike show for sport bikes (VORTEX FRAME SLIDERS 1ST PRIZE)