Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Life is Rediculous

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 04:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Life is Rediculous

So I am at work last night and I get a phone call from my father... This is what he tells me. My step brother (who was kicked out of the navy for drug trafficking, and who went through rehab once for it) is now a crackhead, and has been for a few months. In addition to that, he picked up and left, stole $100 in change from my sister, and my stepmothers wedding band and engagement ring (20k, yeah.) Took them to a pawn shop out east, and pawned them to pay off his drug debts. Mine you he has been smoking crack and doing wild **** for like the last six months, and no one had any idea. So I'm like WTF.

My dad calls the cops to file a police report and all that jazz, and when they come, my step mother refuses to list him as a suspect because she is his little boy, and wouldnt do anything like that. Mind you he is 24, and has a history... That, and his father is the same way. Life is great.

Any suggestions?

Old 04-06-2008, 04:16 PM
Default RE: Life is Rediculous

If she won't hear it, she won't hear it. As long as it wasn't your stuff, let her deal with the consequences of blindly believing in her crackhead son's 'goodness.' Just lock up your things and make sure you and your dad are on the same page about not letting the him in the house. Lock up everything.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:24 PM

Thats what I am doing. I do not live with them, but my little sister does, there in lies my concern. The only thing I have at that house is my bike, coincidentally. It is insured through the roof though, and he isnt stupid enough to go there. It has nothing to do with me directly, its just family bullcrap, and its difficult to deal with when (more or less) everyone else has worked hard to go to school, graduate college, good jobs, etc... and then this. Damn bad eggs.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:49 PM

I understand. The only real suggestion I have is to be there for your dad/sister if they need you. Was this your dad's house?

Old 04-06-2008, 05:19 PM
RCR

Tough love is needed. Step mom is hurting him more by protecting him.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Registered Users

beat his ***

Old 04-06-2008, 06:23 PM

my advice, stay out of it. if he doesnt want to get better you cant make him. Once he decides he is done with that life, then you can help.

I speak from experience, my little brother is an alcoholic and has recently turned into a coke addict. He is 25. I will save you the drama, but after he found himself on the street with no job, no apartment, no car, no nothing we went and picked him up and brought him home (300miles)for rehab that he requested. He sucked my mother dry, my father, and tried to leach onto me, while in the "rehab." As soon as he had gotten enough funds to purchase a beater of a car, he took off and went right back to where he was, and the first thing he did was go on a binge and snort or smoke anything he could find for a week.

then he called us to come get him again, which my father did, leached more money off of him, then back to it.

You cant help people that dont want it. even if they say they want it, until they make up their mind that they really want to change their life, there is nothing you can do. I dont believe in the "intervention" bull**** parties. I do think addiction is a trait, or a gene, you inheret from your familiy and your surroundings. I have 3lifetimejunkies on my moms side of the family, they dont quite until they die.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:25 PM

ORIGINAL: krash

my advice, stay out of it. if he doesnt want to get better you cant make him. Once he decides he is done with that life, then you can help.

I speak from experience, my little brother is an alcoholic and has recently turned into a coke addict. He is 25. I will save you the drama, but after he found himself on the street with no job, no apartment, no car, no nothing we went and picked him up and brought him home (300miles)for rehab that he requested. He sucked my mother dry, my father, and tried to leach onto me, while in the "rehab." As soon as he had gotten enough funds to purchase a beater of a car, he took off and went right back to where he was, and the first thing he did was go on a binge and snort or smoke anything he could find for a week.

then he called us to come get him again, which my father did, leached more money off of him, then back to it.

You cant help people that dont want it. even if they say they want it, until they make up their mind that they really want to change their life, there is nothing you can do. I dont believe in the "intervention" bull**** parties. I do think addiction is a trait, or a gene, you inheret from your familiy and your surroundings. I have 3lifetimejunkies on my moms side of the family, they dont quite until they die.

I think you're right about the addiction gene. I'm pretty sure I have it. I get addicted to things really easily.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:12 PM

Just when i thought my family sucked,I suddenly feel better bout Myself,I hate to say it but Thanx Bro!!![&:]

Old 04-06-2008, 08:31 PM

i would stay out of it unless you would happen to cross paths. then i would accidently have my fist meet his face.

Quick Reply: Life is Rediculous