Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

LICENSE PLATE placement?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LICENSE PLATE placement?

hey guys what is going on? i hvee a question for you all. i was out rideing this morning and i stoped off a a local meet. there was a cop there and he steped up to me looking at the bike. the next thing he was telling me that the north carolina state pigs were cracking down on license plate placement. my plate is on the back of the battery box behind the wheel. however it is visable if you are behind me and hell i even have a light to light it up as well. does anyone know what the law is here in NC? Also a funny thing is when i ot my speeding ticket at the beining of the month the cop didn't say a thing about the plate so i don't know. why can't they just leave us alone. thanks guys.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: LICENSE PLATE placement?

I think legally, in any state, the tag is suppose to be to the rear of the rear akle. So basically real dayum close to where it was stock. Those swingarm mounted tags will get you in trouble in most states if not all. All depending on the cop you are dealing with too.

Old 04-26-2008, 11:13 AM
RCR

I can see you getting butt hurt if he gave you a ticket but he just told you what cops are looking at and could possibly pull you over for. Do you always get that way when someone tries to give you good advice?

The plate should be fully visable at all times from any position from the rear. If it is tucked behind the tire you can get a ticket or pulled over for it.

Hell, If I had a cop come over and talk with me I would pick his brain for what questions I had about how to avoid catching the eye of an officer

Old 04-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RCR

I can see you getting butt hurt if he gave you a ticket but he just told you what cops are looking at and could possibly pull you over for. Do you always get that way when someone tries to give you good advice?

The plate should be fully visable at all times from any position from the rear. If it is tucked behind the tire you can get a ticket or pulled over for it.

Hell, If I had a cop come over and talk with me I would pick his brain for what questions I had about how to avoid catching the eye of an officer
+1

Old 04-26-2008, 02:05 PM

ORIGINAL: RCR

i am not geting butt hurt and i did pick his brain for about 40 minutes for things so i know what not to do. no i don't get like that when people give me advice, i try to take as much as i can. what gets me is there is always somthing new and there are more and more changes i have to make. that is what i am mad at and just how am i sounding butt hurt.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:13 AM

I got pulled over on Saturday by WSP on I-5 because of my plate placement (so the cop says). I have the competition werkes LTD FE. He told me it needs to be out below the exhaust. He did not tell me to fix it. Nor did he give me a warning or a fix it ticket. We are having a huge crackdown on people riding without endorsements. I was in the far right lane next to a on ramp going 3mph due to traffic. He saw a easy target, figured I didnt have a endorsementand shot at it. But he missed . I cannot find any writtenlaw on placement except for it has be seen from 100'.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:36 AM

CBRCRF, Allot of riders over on this side of the water are getting pulled over for super BS stuff like that or cops will see a bunch of bikes in a parking lot and pull uin to check everyones endorsement. Our regional safety bubba said in a meeting that 40% of riders in the area were not endorsed. Hell, I can think of two to three guys who ride at my work who are not endorsed. Ridiculous if you ask me, but I think over here in the PNW area, no insurance requirements and all, there is a ton of unlici=ensed riders. Remember last summer? Bikes running and crashing every night on the news, so their starting to crack down and keep things on a short leash I think.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:26 PM

Yeah. Last year was super bad. I saw one guy running from the WSP in person. And rode with a few that told me I should I always run. What Idiots! And I understand that they really want everyone to be legit and all.But I wish they would do it by the book. I was guilty untill proven innocent.I didnt even get a chance to get off the bike before he was next to me. But the first thing I did was take the key out and put it on the tank. Once I handed him my license the Trooper was nice. Even called me BOSS. [sm=pimp.gif]HAHA!!

I wonder how many times I will be pulled over this summer for no reason so they can check out my endorsement?

Old 04-30-2008, 04:08 PM

Why are there so many of these stupid *** license plate threads. Put the ****ing plate under the tail where its suppose to be and ****ing forget about it. Be happy that they dont make us put one at the front like vehicles.

Wa wa wa. I got pulled over cause I had my plate upside down and at an angle on my rear arm. **** those pigs. Wa wa wa.

****!!!!! Yup cops are pigs causethey aredoing their job. Plates are meant to be were they are cuase when dumbasses do something stupid like.............o run from them, they can read them it easily.

Quick Reply: LICENSE PLATE placement?