Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

lets see just how lucky our wives are

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 11:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: lets see just how lucky our wives are

i love having my two kids and try to get them involved in my hobbies i take my son fishing and he "helps" work on my bikes. he just loves to sit on them. my doughter is not yet able to to a lot but i still take her out to play on daddys motorcycle sometimes. they hear me pull in on my bike and are allways out to great me at the door i love being a dad.
here is me and my little girl
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...Picture021.jpg
here is my son on his motorcycle with my gear
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...Picture035.jpg
here are both of my kids on daddys project bike.
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...Picture034.jpg
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...Picture032.jpg

Old 10-17-2007, 11:49 AM
Registered Users

awesome pics man...your kids are adorable....seeing your little girl on your bike made me feel all fuzzy inside...haha....

Old 10-17-2007, 11:51 AM

me sitting on the f4i at the dealer, this was before i even bought my bike

Old 10-17-2007, 11:55 AM

yea shes prety cool she loves her daddy. loves to play on the bike, and get dirty with the boys. they do get attached to bikes my little boy cried when i sold my old bike kids are the coolest

Old 10-17-2007, 07:30 PM

ORIGINAL: madgree

I know you hit on this later in the thread, but the moment you see the face of your beautiful little child, the last thing on your mind will be how much you will be able to ride. The sacrifices you will have to make will hardly matter.
+1.

My wife and I were together for 9 years, married 4 when we decided to have our little one. We've both been very used to doing our own thing and having plenty of money to blow. I was horrified of having a child for pretty much the same reasons you've mentioned. I was also excited...so we decided to go ahead and do it. Ours was very planned..no accident. A month and a half later my wife was pregnant.

I won't lie...it's a HUGE change and I don't recommend anyone do it unless they have really thought it through. Children require A LOT of time and this does cut in to your hobbies and riding time. I've made up for it in other ways. I ride my bike 90% of the time to work now instead of using the car. My wife and I have agreed that Sunday afternoons are my time to go out for a few hours with the guys and ride. Just little things like that gives me plenty of riding time.

I thought I was a bit of a hardass with my personality...but the minute you see your child born you will crumble inside. I broke down like a little baby when he was born. I can honestly say it is the most emotional touching moment I have ever experienced. It was the "purest" moment in my entire life.

The plus is that in a few years I'll havea permanent riding buddy. Just thinking about all the things we'll get to do together makes me all giddy inside.

And by the way...if we had of had a little girl...I already had a cute little pink motocross outfit picked out. Didn't matter to me...girl or boy...I was going to have them on a bike early on.

I can honestly say I can't imagine life without him now. He recognizes my bike already and he's only 9 and a half weeks old. He knows what daddy looks like when daddy pulls up on the F4i. He grins ear to ear the minute he sees me coming up on the bike.

It's just something words can't explain. I've always heard guys say "you can only understand if you're a father." Now I know what they meant. You have to be a father to really understand...

Old 10-17-2007, 07:43 PM

Well here's what my wife gets.

Name:  100_0009.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  126.4 KB

Old 10-17-2007, 07:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the most recent pic, still winter, hence the non beach gear.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Retired Moderator

Jezum Crow, Bailey!!! I edited you post so your pic would show, and I am sorry I did!!! [:'(] Pass along my condolences to your wife...

Old 10-17-2007, 07:55 PM

Hey !! is that an authentic"Austin Power's chest hair kit" ?????LOL !!!!!!
ORIGINAL: baileyjn

Old 10-17-2007, 07:57 PM

ORIGINAL: baileyjn

Uhhggh, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit! [:'(]

Quick Reply: lets see just how lucky our wives are