Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

lets pass a law........

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007 | 08:31 AM
Default RE: lets pass a law........

There are a few things that pisses me off down here in south florida.
1. The old people that drive 10 under the speed limit
2. These people who drive around with their dogs in their lap, while talking on the cell phone, while doing their make up, while yelling at the kids in the back.

The government needs to get strict on what you can and can'tdo while you are operating a vehicle.
I would be so happy if they passed a law saying if you have pets riding in the car with you they must be in a cage. No talking on cell phones while operating a vehicle. No doing make up. Ect.

Old 10-03-2007 | 09:23 AM

ORIGINAL: daredevilearth

ORIGINAL: HARDCORP 8654
we may not be far off from sharing the road with more riders than we had hoped for
$100 Oil by End of '08
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/071002/100_o...look.html?.v=1

the price of barrels of oil has little if any to do with the price of refined petroleum

im in the oil industry-on the supply side- not going to happen.....might spike to that shortly, but alot of the big boys are manning up and have already hired the contractors to build new refineries....only problem is that they're not finished designing them yet...you have to understand that refineries are one off's and all of them are engineered diferently to react properly under environmental conditions including but not limited to : heat , humidity, berometric pressure, dew point, elevation....and blah blah blah no one cares about.... they take years to build and by i'd say 2015 no one will even remember what gas cost in 2000...the price will drop as the # of refineries increase- or level back out to what we had before katrina ate a few of them in the gulf durring the winter/spring blend cycling.

Old 10-03-2007 | 10:17 AM

I agree with this 100%. Ihave always said that most people drive a car, but few are drivers. Most people would not make it 100 miles on a Ninja 250 let alone 3K.

Old 10-03-2007 | 12:03 PM

I know a lot of really good car drivers that should never ever be allowed on a motorcycle for any reason

its a good theory, as far as learning to concentrate on whats going on around you and that kind of thing but riding a motorcycle takes is not something everyone can do

it would be a good way to weed out bad drivers only because of the huge mortality rate that would result from making every person that wants to drive ride a motorcycle.

my mom, for example, is an excellent driver. She hasn't had a wreck or even gotten a speeding ticket in her life, yet she can't even ride my Ruckus down our driveway. My brother and sister are both the same way

Old 10-03-2007 | 12:09 PM

ORIGINAL: CoreyAkaOpie

There are a few things that pisses me off down here in south florida.
1. The old people that drive 10 under the speed limit
2. These people who drive around with their dogs in their lap, while talking on the cell phone, while doing their make up, while yelling at the kids in the back.

The government needs to get strict on what you can and can'tdo while you are operating a vehicle.
I would be so happy if they passed a law saying if you have pets riding in the car with you they must be in a cage. No talking on cell phones while operating a vehicle. No doing make up. Ect.
unfortunately, I don't think anything is that simple. There are milliions of people who's jobs depends on talking cell phones while driving. My dad would go out of business if he had to pull over to talk on his phone. The only semi-solution would be to require bluetooth headsets for talking while driving, that takes a bit of the distraction off

Old 10-03-2007 | 12:39 PM

I think that atleast two things should be done. The first is that the driving test should be much more difficult, probably split into several different tests you take over a period of time. It took me 5 minutes to pass my driving test in NJ. All i had to do was parallel park, stay below the speed limit and make 2 right turns.
Another thing that would help make people be better drivers is much much MUCH harsher punishments for failing to obey the laws while driving. I have a freind that has multiple speeding and wreckless driving tickets + a DUI and he's still on the road. If you get caught driving drunk or high you should have your license taken away for atleast several years, if not forever. All other moving violations should have similar punishments depending on what kind it is.
Some people may say that having punishments that severe will hurt people that need to drive for a living. Well if they know the consequences then they shouldn't break the law.

It sucks that the roads are like this today because I'm usually all for people being allowed to do whatever they want to do, but with approx 30,000 people dieingper year from accidents something should probably be done.

Old 10-03-2007 | 03:22 PM

nah, we should just have a seperate drunk/high/idiot lane with bumpers like a bowling alley (even one of the pin scraper arms to remove accidents) and then regular lanes of traffic for the rest of us!

believe me, it will be cheaper than the genetic engineering to get rid of idiots

Old 10-03-2007 | 03:54 PM

or you could just off yourself. that would be cheapest

Old 10-03-2007 | 05:19 PM

funny guy huh?

can ya feel the love? hahahahah[sm=patriot.gif]

Old 10-03-2007 | 08:09 PM

ORIGINAL: thomasintexas

they take years to build and by i'd say 2015 no one will even remember what gas cost in 2000...the price will drop as the # of refineries increase- or level back out to what we had before katrina ate a few of them in the gulf durring the winter/spring blend cycling.
No freakin' way any significant cost savings will be passed along to consumers. Oil companies will keep a tight grip on that $$ and give us a slew of BS reasons why prices haven't dropped. I'm not singling out oil companies -- all businesses look for ways to reduce costs but it's mostly for their own bottom line and to keep the stockholders happy.

Quick Reply: lets pass a law........