Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Let the Games Begin!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let the Games Begin!!!

So, i kind of stole this idea from another forum, but i am going to put a little twist on it.

Since it's riding season for just about the whole country now (with a few very cold exceptions of course), I want to inspire people to ride, and try out some new roads. In order to do so we will begin this little game THIS WEEKEND.

I am going to change my sprockets this weekend, and my old Rear will become the official "batton" for this little relay.
-I'm going to dip it in the ocean In CT (pic included) and ride it as far towards NY as i feal like.

-when I find a place that is a nice land mark, i will use a 6 foot Cable and lock it to an immovable object (tree, big *** rock, bridge etc).

-i will then take a picture of its location and its surroundings and give some clues to guide you in.

-if someone in the area knows of where i left it... go get it, (the combination to the lock is 11-1-11) take a picture of yourself with the sprocket where you start, and where you finish.

- Ride it as far west as you want and repeat the steps above.

I'm willing to bet we could get it to California (dip it in the Pacific)and back before the season ends. try to leave it in places that require nice roads to find it. (don't chain it to a bench in a city)

Like i said, i will put the sprocket somewhere near NY, the dutchess county area, on saturday or sunday. Maybe if we get enough interest in this we can make it a sticky? we can keep track of the state and use the regional boards to stimulate some more interest.

i say why not try?!?!

Old 04-15-2009, 02:18 PM

I love this idea! I hope it ends up somewhere close to me (Minnesota, ND, SD) I will definitely make a road trip to get in on this!

Old 04-15-2009, 03:00 PM

Awesome idea, if that thing is ever in the southern New England area I'll definitly be in!

Old 04-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think this is a waay cool idea! If it catches on and makes it close to FL I'll definitely play along!

Old 04-15-2009, 04:31 PM

If it gets close to colorado im in too. sounds great!!!!!!

Old 04-15-2009, 04:38 PM
March 2009 ROTM

I like the idea Im in southern Mi so i think i can play along!!!!!

Old 04-15-2009, 06:06 PM

alright, why don't we try to keep it north ish on the way to the west coast then move it more south on the way home? like try not to hit the same state twice, except CT of course cause its gotta end where it began.

i'll post my location this saturday, and it will most likely be towards dutchess county NY!

Old 04-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dudes that is an AWESOME idea!! Once the first person gets and posts a pic of them with the sprocket I'll sticky this thread AND make a new board for just this dealio ... somewhere near the top with announcements and the like.

Even if it's borrowed what a cool idea

Old 04-15-2009, 06:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im in Sun Diego so I am game for this.....game. That is of course if the sprocket makes it here.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:14 PM
Location: Granger, Indiana (Next to South Bend and Notre Dame)

I think it would be awsome if each person who picked it up would either write or scratch their name into the sprocket to leave a piece of them with it.

Quick Reply: Let the Games Begin!!!