Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

New Hampshire skills test

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 06:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Hampshire skills test

Does anyone know what types of things are covered in the skills test in NH?

Ride in a straight line? Circles both ways, figure 8?

Are most test the same between states?

Thanks,
Mike

Old 03-08-2006, 03:48 AM
Default RE: New Hampshire skills test

I live in Illinois and we never had a figure eight,
we have
Slallum
Swerve arround and object
make 90 Degree turn
Stop in a box
U-turn
Get to 15 MPH and stop Immediately(Note) [DO NOT DO A WHEELIE WHEN YOU TAKE OFF. AUTOMATIC FLUNKING]

Bunch of stuff like that, It wasnt hard so. But thats just Illinois

Daniel Thompson

Old 03-08-2006, 04:30 AM

we had almost the same test as above.....good times, aced it my first try the written is harder than the driving..Im in phoenix.

Old 03-08-2006, 05:54 AM

i dunno..but here in jersey, i believe its almost made to fail ya. Even the my instructor's say that its really hard to pass without riding for a while. we would have figure 8 plus all the above. But our cones are placed so close which makes it really really hard

Old 03-08-2006, 09:57 AM

Yea, I been doin' some readin' and some guys have said to bring a P.O.S. 250cc cruiser to the test just cuz you can turn 'em easier than the larger sportbikes.

Time to put some cones in the parking lots I guess...

Thanks!

Old 03-08-2006, 10:01 AM

Here in wisconsin they give you an ear piece and have you drive the bike. They tell you where to turn and when to stop or whatever. Super simple, if you can keep the bike upright you'll pass.

-Jesse-

Old 03-08-2006, 10:14 AM
Retired Administrator

ORIGINAL: Turnin20s

Here in wisconsin they give you an ear piece and have you drive the bike. They tell you where to turn and when to stop or whatever. Super simple, if you can keep the bike upright you'll pass.

-Jesse-
That's the way the test should be, follow the rider on a quite road then move to traffic if they think he/she can handle it.

Ohio was the same way... It's easy, but doesn't make sense. It doesn't really test you for traffic. Also... Ohio had a lot of DUI laws on the test, make sure you brush up on the fines and how long you stay in jail for your 1st and 2nd offense. Apparently, they think it's important for you to know this.

Old 03-08-2006, 10:25 AM

ORIGINAL: doncollins

ORIGINAL: Turnin20s

-Jesse-
That's the way the test should be, follow the rider on a quite road then move to traffic if they think he/she can handle it.

Ohio was the same way... It's easy, but doesn't make sense. It doesn't really test you for traffic. Also... Ohio had a lot of DUI laws on the test, make sure you brush up on the fines and how long you stay in jail for your 1st and 2nd offense. Apparently, they think it's important for you to know this.
Yeah I think it a good idea, but almost too simple. They start you out on a fairly busy street (4 lanes) then they take you to some low traffic streets and make you do a u-turn and wave when they turn the 4 way flashers on their van to make sure you are using your mirrors and then you drive back to the dmv to get your picture taken. Like I said if you can keep the bike upright your golden. My dad got his liscense a long time ago and all he did was walk into the dmv and say he want a motorcycle liscense and they printed it out. No test or anything, but I guess that wisconsin for you LOL.

Good luck with your test though.

-Jesse-

Old 03-08-2006, 11:22 AM

Hey Mike..

NH bike permits are only good for 30days,,after that....forget it..you can only get a permit once in your life!! So, i'd be sure to get your license quick after that.

I did the rider training course through M.O.S.T in Manchester NH last august, www.mostridertraining.com, once you pass the course they give you a certificate and you go to the registry and get your license.

The riding test consisted of 4 parts. going around 2 corners, staying within the cones and not goinn over the lines,but making sure you acclerate through the turn. doing a figure 8, making sure you dont put your foot down and not to go outside the lines. riding in a straight line then swerving out of the way of a stopped vehicle (there was no car there, just lines that you couldnt run over). and finally riding in a straight line, acclerating and when you got to a certain line you had to stop instanty, and had to stop within a certain distance.

all these tests had to be at certain speeds and they deducted points on that, and putting your foot down, crossing lines. and if you dump the bike you fail instantly.

i think that was about it for the riding test.

was a great course! For never riding before i passed with flying colors!

i'm definatly looking forward to a full season of riding this year!

Old 03-14-2006, 02:10 PM

ok, this may not be standard in the whole state of louisiana, but here was my skills test. the dmv here in the town i live in is right off of airline highway, 3 lanes each way, heavy traffic between new orleans and baton rouge. but whatever.... she says, ok, just take off down airline, turn around and come back. pretty much the same as the skills test for my basic drivers license. yea, so you can imagine that there are a lot of **** drivers in the area, since all you have to do is demonstrate that you know how to make the bike move^_^. im pretty sure its just the area though, and that its nowhere near so lax as you get into the dmv's in the city.

Quick Reply: New Hampshire skills test