Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Leaving forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaving forum

Today while out with my dogs, my white 8 year old boxer dog collapsed with out going in to detail he died at 3.20pm today .So as of today I have f----k all interest in anything .He was the one that got me off my sticks after my work accident. See you Folks.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:41 PM
Thumbs down

Well ! thanks for the support guys!

Old 03-30-2010, 04:57 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Last edited by RojerLockless; 04-01-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We can't and won't stop you if you decide to leave the forum. I can say that while the forum is about Honda CBRs, it is a community that tries to help the members with anything if they can.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:02 PM

Pull your head out of your ***. 41 minutes between posts??? and then collectively flipping the forum the bird? Grow up.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:12 PM
BDT

Sorry for your loss. I know my pets have always been family members to me.

Originally Posted by thrasher572
Pull your head out of your ***. 41 minutes between posts??? and then collectively flipping the forum the bird? Grow up.
I agree. You can't expect instant responses on this forum.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My sympathies.
Yeah, it takes the wind out of your sails when you lose your dog.
4 years ago this September I lost mine, same thing, just collapsed on the way home from the park, Vet reckoned it was cancer. Grieved, drank & generally raged against anything & anyone that tried to cheer me up. About a month later I was still sitting around & I thought to myself "F**k this", went & saved a life & got a another dog from a dog rescue place. I figured I was not disrespecting my old dog by doing it, she was a great dog & nothing would ever replace her anyway. All dogs have different personalities. Still think of my other dog every day & thank God everyday that I got another one

Old 03-30-2010, 08:13 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, Steve. I'm really sorry to hear about your buddy.
I know better than anyone what a great friend a good dog can be. I've had dogs all my life......since I was born. They've made me feel a lot better through a lot of bullchit.
My last dog, King, was a 9yr old Australian Shepherd. Probably the best dog I've ever had. My sister got him as a 10 week old pup.
We let him out one day to run around a bit (he loved to run/play frisbee, etc.) and he got smashed by a milk truck.
Pretty tough to dig a hole like that. Hell, if I didn't give him a hug before I went to bed, he would cry all night until I gave him one. (big dam baby.... ).
He was pretty much my best friend.

Life goes on, man. I have 2 new dogs now. One is a Border Collie, one is a Golden Retriever.
I've become pretty dam attached to both of them, and I'm gonna be very upset when they go.
I'm not gonna quit the forum over it, though.
And to tell you the truth, I'm gonna be more sad about how upset my wife and kid are gonna be. My wife and my Border are inseparable. (and he's her first dog, too)
I'm not gonna sit here and say "it's just a dog". But....
While life is gonna suck for you for a while..... time will heal you up. Be glad it wasn't a child that collapsed.... or a friend.... or a family member.

Just remember all the great times you had with him. That's what I do.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thrasher572
Agreed. Sorry for your loss, man. I'll be bummed when I lose my dog... but damn man, grow up.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:00 AM

Sorry to hear about you dog, But you can't let that stop you from being who you are. I lost my best friend of 19 years, 2 years ago. I was devastated. I felt like I couldn't live with out my puppy. But i'd rather him not be in pain, then in pain.. He lived his life with his family well and he was the best dog I could ever ask for. He will always be in my heart and no dog will ever take his place. So please don't leave, take some time for yourself, but don't give up whats important and what else makes you happy.

Quick Reply: Leaving forum