Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Leathers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 05:00 AM
Old Skool Welcomer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leathers?

I was wondering if a two piece riding suite is less safe than a one piece. I'd like to sometimes throw on the jacket only in hot weather with thick jeans. The one piece might be too hot all the time and a pain to take on and off for constant short journeys. What's the general advice on one piece versus two piece?

Old 10-25-2010, 05:59 AM

generally, a two piece suit will only have a 3/4 zipper. what this means is, there is a chance the front of the jacket could fold upwards a little, and let debri in between your jacket and yourself. Instead of you sliding over something, you could get caught up on something. the chances of this happening are very, very slim though. Normally, a two piece is more than enough for street riding.

If you are looking into buying leathers and want a jacket and pants. I would strongly suggest buying a jacket that zips into track pants. Such as alpine stars jackets that zip into their track pants. Normally, a two piece suit's jacket is much shorter than a normal riding jacket. They usually don't have the extended flap that covers your back, and as you ride, your lower back can become exposed if your only wearing the jacket. A jacket that is intended as a jacket first that has the option to zip into track pants, which basically makes a two piece suit, is usually better suited ( no pun intended) for street conditions. Plus, two piece suit jackets normally don't have the options that a normal street jacket would.

I would lean away from a full once piece suit for street riding. The majority of the time I'm only wearing my jacket, helmet, boots and gloves. Unless you have a lot of money can afford both, get a two piece or jacket and pants. I rarely wear my riding pants.

Last edited by justasquid; 10-25-2010 at 06:01 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:46 AM
Old Skool Welcomer

That was very helpful justasquid. I'd prefer the two piece especially if I just want to grab the jacket for a ride to the shop. I may buy a full jacket and separate pants. I'll not be racing around the streets anytime soon so that should suffice.

Thanks.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:01 AM

hmmm pictures?? hahahah ah.. I crack myself up.

If you plan on doing any track riding at all you might want to check out the rules of the local tracks - some have different requirements for gear.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:44 AM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jenna

Old 10-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Jenna,

2pc leathers are fine for most any street application. Just buy quality 2pc leathers like Alpinestars (as mentioned) & you'll be good to go.

Old 10-25-2010, 03:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everyone says that 2pc suits run the risk of falling apart in two, but I don't know anyone who's ever seen it happen.

Old 10-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

2pc will be fine for the street, not to mention alot easier n comfortable when taking a break etc.

Old 10-25-2010, 04:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by raylee
Everyone says that 2pc suits run the risk of falling apart in two, but I don't know anyone who's ever seen it happen.
A well made 2pc by the same manufacturer shouldn't fall apart under normal situations. I'd never think it'd be possible if I got a set of pants to go with my Dainese jacket.

Now if someone buys inferior or mismatched gear, there's no guarantee what'll happen. But the same could be said for a cheap 1pc vs a Dainese or A* 1pc

Old 10-26-2010, 08:56 AM

im just wanting to brag a little ...I just bought this alpinstars ATL leather jacket for $100 dollars on CL from a kid needed cash for collage perfect condition

Sorry for thread jacking a little

I love this thing

Quick Reply: Leathers?