Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

LASTING IMPRESSION

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 03:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LASTING IMPRESSION

Definitely watch him, I doubt this will be the last encounter from the sound of his mentality. Good luck in all you do Hardcorp

Old 07-03-2008, 11:00 AM

HC, don't beat yourself up. Uppers arejust diffusing the situation in a manner they feel will be least abrasive. Glad to hear the match went well for you.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:02 AM

Something similar happened to a friend of mine at his workplace. He was supervisor and had to speak to a guy about the quality of his work. This guy went off on him verbally and my friend just soaked it up for a while, then explained that he needed to show a little respect. At this he was told to eff off so they got a little physical before being pulled apart. At the end of the shift the loonie deliberately reversed into my buddy's car! They both got out, friend checks out damage and the idiot got smart mouthed again. Buddy pulled a pair of nun chucks out and beat the mortal s**t out of this toerag. He was givena week's paid vacation to "calm down". Toerag was fired.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Leon@carolinacycle

Something similar happened to a friend of mine at his workplace. He was supervisor and had to speak to a guy about the quality of his work. This guy went off on him verbally and my friend just soaked it up for a while, then explained that he needed to show a little respect. At this he was told to eff off so they got a little physical before being pulled apart. At the end of the shift the loonie deliberately reversed into my buddy's car! They both got out, friend checks out damage and the idiot got smart mouthed again. Buddy pulled a pair of nun chucks out and beat the mortal s**t out of this toerag. He was givena week's paid vacation to "calm down". Toerag was fired.
Wow...I wonder if that tool dodged an "assault w/ a deadly weapon(the car)" because the Boss took it upon himself to resolve itinstead of getting cops involved??

Old 07-04-2008, 07:13 AM
Friend and Hero ...

Damn I guess that means I commit assault and battery multiple times a week [sm=devilangel.gif][sm=guilty.gif]

Old 07-04-2008, 10:00 AM

Well good for you for backing up the talk. Im a little curious how old you guys are. I trained a few different orients of martial arts over the last 15 years, started when i was just walking. By 14 i earned my first black belt in tea kwon do that took almost 10years of study under Senior Ralph Schueler. Meanwhile i was studying some hand to hand Jujitsu with my uncle 2 nights a week. By 17 i was teaching a self defense course in the local park 2 nights a week. Running upwards of 10miles a day, prepping for Virginia Military Institute, wresting in high school. All around i was always very active and proficient. Anyways my question is how do you train to 'spare' for upwards of 25minutes in a shot. I like to think of myself as being in the top few % as far as physical fitness goes, not strength. I would not want to drag hand to hand out that long that is just myself. You must have been exhausted ? or are you used to this ? i had a few knock down drag out brawls in college that lasted longer then i wanted but not even 10minutes and i was sore as all get out the next day.

Btw i have a few fake teeth from the years of being involved with martial arts and im only 26. Part of it i guess that happened many years ago. Be safe and do what you do. I won't give advice to you i usually don't. You will sort things out.

Old 07-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Friend and Hero ...

I trained as a Martial Arts Instructor's Instructor in the MCMAP ( Marine Corps Martial Arts Program ) and this was over serval years. Force Recon also had its own martial arts program before this at one point, it was being run by civilian volunteers, and we are not talking about a 45 minute or one-hour instruction class at some point it becomes a day in day out process. It's like anything else, its got to do with the conditioning. I know you have seen a few photos of myself looming around here. So you know, I am not in no way out of shape, but it does take a hell of a lot out of you, at first. I also study on my own OKINAWA-TE BUDOKAN , and devoted as much of my off time as I could. When I was duty station on Okinawa from a 65yr old master who kick my *** everday . Now if you seen the serious human weapon, and the episode on MCMAP they had a hard time adapting. Here is a little something on it MCMAP

When the average person hears the words martial arts they immediatly think of two individuals wearing a gi, throwing high kicks and trash like that. We take a more literal approach to the word. The word martial means "of or pertaining to war". Being a good fighter does not make you a good warrior. You must have a combination of mind,body,and spirit. We have divided them into 3 disciplines.Below is section taken from the training manual.
. The Disciplines of MCMAP

a. The Marine Corps Martial Arts Program consists of three components;
mental discipline, character discipline, and physical discipline. Each discipline is divided into blocks and presented systematically to Marines at each belt level. Those disciplines taught at lower belt levels are then reviewed and reinforced during follow-on training and at the next belt level. Many skills specific to one discipline reinforce the strengths of the other disciplines. This creates a synergistic effect, whereby the program as a whole is stronger than its individual parts. For example, martial culture studies strengthen the mental character of Marines through the the historical study of war, at the same time reinforcing the importance of character to a warrior and a martial society.

(1) The mental discipline has two main components, warfighting and professional military education (PME). This encompasses the study of the art of war, the professional reading program, Marine Corps Common Skills Training (MBST), decision making training, the historical study of war, the tactics and techniques of maneuver warfare, risk management assessment, force protection , and the study of Marine Corps history, customs, courtesies and traditions. The mental discipline creates a smarter Marine, capable of understanding and handling the complexity of modern warfare - a Marine who is tactically and technically proficient, and one who is capable of decision making under any condition from combat to liberty. This training, which begins with the transformation of recruit training, serves as the foundation of the "strategic corporal" and the future leadership of our Corps.

(2) The character discipline has two main components, the Marine Corps Core Values program and the Marine Corps , Leadership Program. It encompasses Troop Information training as well as the study of the human dimensions of combat. Designed to instill the Mrine Corps Ethos into every Marine, character discipline is the spiritual aspect of each Marine and the collective spirit of the Corps. The components of character discipline instill in every Marine the warrior spirit we all share, and emphasizes the best of our traditions for developing esprit de corps, camaraderie and a warrior mindset. By building the character of a Marine, we develop the Marine as a warrior-defender, one who embodies our core values, one who is self-disciplined, confident, and capable of making the right decision under any condition from combat to liberty.

(3) The physical discipline consists of three main components; fighting techniques, combat conditioning and combat sports. The Marine Corps Martial Arts Program is a weapons based system beginning at assault fire and moving to the four elements of the fighting component; rifle and bayonet, edged weapons, weapons of opportunity, and unarmed combat; with unarmed combat having a role across the entire spectrum of combat. The various armed and unarmed combat techniques are combined as part of the Marine Corps Physical Fitness Program to produce the combat conditioning compo

The methodand style. I'm currently working with was developed specifically for the company, I'm employed by. It allows for easy integration of those who have some type of martial arts background to get up to speed and on the same page with everyone else in the company

Now, one question for you. what happened with VMI ?

Old 07-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Friend and Hero ...

fuze I realized after reviewing what you had posted I may have misinterpreted your question. If your question was concerning the length of this encounter. Yes, I put a timeline in there to demonstrate by no means did I just walk up and put this individual on his ***. He was a very skilled combatant, and the whole encounter took approximately 25 minutes. Of course, it was not a timed event. I wasn't running a stopwatch it took about 15 minutes to armbar him and the bulli**** that proceeded took about another 10 minutes and I'm in my 30s

Also would like to add I come from a family of overachievers the parochial school that I attended for middle school and high school did not have a football program. Basketball was a top sport in area. Which I had no interest in. I was quite content to horseback ride and explore the world of dirt bikes. But my father enrolled me first in a boxing program after school, which was okay but not something I was in to. Now, at about the same age as yourself. I was introduced to martial arts to a style that was not vastly popular at the time. At least not in my area, but peaked my interest kenpo karate, I studied it until I graduated high school and left for the Marine Corps

Old 07-04-2008, 06:02 PM

I was heading to VMI until i broke my right femur in a crash when i was 18. double compound fracture set me out for 8 months, went a different path with life from there that was less physical.

Thanks for the explanation btw. Mind body and spirit is very similar to what i've studied. I know what you mean when ppl assume martial arts is people in a white gi with pads all over. I've done that, i've done the 1 hour classes and seminars and i've done the local boxing rings that get down and dirty. It's all good fun for a civilian.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Well I was asked today to help fill in for another instructor was out, who normally working in the kill house. Things went okay until around 1500, when Mr. wonderful stop by to inform me. I was behind on some reports, and to remind me of some safety protocol changes. He was a Dick about the whole situation. The sad part is part of the safety protocol change was things, I had recommended LOL
BTW
fuze on the subject of losing a tooth if you don't remember
https://cbrforum.com/m_445759/tm.htm