Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

LASTING IMPRESSION

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 10:59 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LASTING IMPRESSION

It will all work out, and sounds like he is only in your way temporarily anyhow.

On a side bar though, i take it your (knee was it) and rehab is going ok, it obviously didnt bother you today. Although i dont suppose adrenaline had anything to do with that.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hardcorp, this guys a dick, all that is going to happen from the time you walked out the door & from now on, this loser is going to undermine just about everything you do. So he realises that you more than a match for him & that you don't suffer fools or bullsh*t. So be prepared for him trying to push your buttons in say a typical situation in front of others, question decisions that you have made to your face & deride same to others. Anything & everything to demoralise, even to the point of setting you up to take a fall. Don't want to make you paranoid, but he just that type of ******, so watch your back.
If you do have another encounter, just as he's walking away, tell him he did very well for somebody with such a small dick.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:10 PM
Friend and Hero ...

TK you have touched on my Achilles heel. It is an old injury back to the bike wreck, and really even before that I wear a light brace over it under my clothing. And at times when I push it too hard in the weight room. I end up with a cortisone cocktail injection. I have pretty much kept it a secret for the most part I think it is for the best not to advertise it KB speaks of the exciting life I live I spend three hours a day three day a weekin physical confrontation with others. And I'm not saying that they would intentionally use this weakness against me, but it's not something I am going to damn well advertised

Old 07-02-2008, 11:26 PM

man, i dont know what branch you are or what you do but i admire that you stood up for yourself and were able to back the talk up when push came to shove. I have had many master sargents that have pushed my buttons, but if i ever said a thing id be kicked so fast i wouldnt know what happened.

Glad you stood up for yourself, enjoy the vacation, youll be right back to it next week. Enjoy it, most of us dont see half the excitement you see, even if it only happens once.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:27 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Pacemaker I really hope deep down. He's a bigger man than that, but that lame ***, leg sweep tells me he's probably not. what is really the worst thing about the whole situation is I have sit in on a few of his lectures on tactics on a broad spectrum in a urban setting, he is dead on. Its just this whole micromanagement thing and no thinking outside of his box and he physically has the stature to intimidate most and don't misunderstand me. I'm proud of who trained me in the first place, and I owe them a great deal, but I don't throw that out there and expect everyone to bow down to that fact. There are other methods and possibly better ways of doing things, out there. So you must be open to study every side of aissue and leave room for maneuvering

Old 07-02-2008, 11:28 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Sorry for bringing it upi guess, just a wondering question from a member, hopin your doing ok and that it was getting stronger. I promise i will keep it on the down low though

Old 07-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: Hcstreetriding

man, i dont know what branch you are or what you do but i admire that you stood up for yourself and were able to back the talk up when push came to shove. I have had many master sargents that have pushed my buttons, but if i ever said a thing id be kicked so fast i wouldnt know what happened.

Glad you stood up for yourself, enjoy the vacation, youll be right back to it next week. Enjoy it, most of us dont see half the excitement you see, even if it only happens once.
Working as private contractoras an instructor for a very well known company they are global spent 12 years active duty and done my fair share of time in the sandbox. just as much Bull**** here, but great pay

Old 07-02-2008, 11:47 PM

good deal, one of these days ill dig my way out of the sand box.....i hope. hope your lasting impression does not last too long, Though it shows your ability its a sore eye in the view of the superior of the superior. You wouldnt happen to be anywhere in ohio for your vacation would you? And im guessing from the sig that the branch is Marines, have met a few people in the marines and would like to meet a few more before i sign the papers.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:18 AM
Friend and Hero ...

The Marine Corps Is a Great Way of Life. This is from a fourth generation Marines, who has currently counting aunts and uncles and first cousins. And of course other immediate family 49 family members either currently serving or have served at some point,who are living now. So my point of view is a little one-sided, but here is my take. On the Marine Corps I personally had never done anything else in my life, up until thisYEAR and would not change that fact. They trained me very well certified me as Martial Arts Instruction, trained in Scuba Diving And Skydiving, along with a host of other lethal skills they also educated me CORPS Values and on how to live by creed with honor and dignity and a sense of righteousness not found too many places in today's society. But that,s just me. You ultimately have to decide for yourself whether the Marine Corps is something you can benefit from. I was very fortunate to have serval family members in uniform. When I entered, the Marine Corps, and quite a few of them were upset when I decided to go Reconnaissance and later on when the opportunity was provided for me to try out for Force Reconnaissance it was the happiest day of my life. I will not get into December of 06 with casing of the flags are my feelings concerning MARSOC but if you want to be the tip of the Marmalukeit is the pinnacle of success

Old 07-03-2008, 02:38 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gunny, the vacation was probably a good idea, from the CO's point of view, as this guy sounds like some I've met who just can't handle being second best. Pacemaker has it right, and the attempted legsweep was just another indication of this guy's mindset - win at all costs, never mind the loss of dignity. He may well have been trained, but does he have the good sense to learn from this encounter ? I doubt it. There will be deep-seated resntment there, for a LONG time.
No need to be paranoid, just watch your back until he's out of range - I wouldn't want to go into a combat situation with that guy if I was you - people like that do the strangest things.
Remember Sun Tzu " Hold your friends close, but your enemies even closer"
Semper fi