Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Kids and Wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 02:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kids and Wheelies

ORIGINAL: mattyrides07

I get it at LEAST 2-3 times a week-always from dudes. I've never done one...but that's because i've never had anyone to teach me them
I feel like a complete loser though when I don't pop one when hott females are around.
Don't feel bad I'm in the same boat, I certainly don't feel confident enough to try onetoshow off, because as carma would have it I gaurantee you I would make a total *** out of myself

Old 03-24-2007, 04:56 AM

I've already had some people give me the "wheelie sign" by flipping their flat hand from vertical to horizontal... Not only am i not experienced enough, but i'd never do it on a public road anyways, its too risky. That and I dont know how to pop it anyways, not that i care.

Old 03-24-2007, 05:35 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am sick of it, and hearing from every dumb kid under 21 around here how Gear is for pussies and the only real bikes are gixxers and hayabusas. Serious at dang near every light at night somebody either wants to race or wants you to wheelie/indo. Fack them and their stupidty.
On a side note, today I saw my first sport bike rider other than me with gear on, and his girl hadmatching gear too!WOW! Nobody wears gear here. College town, most of the "riders" are in wife beaters/shorts and flipflops. When its cold like today, backwards hats and North face down jackets. Hell nobody I ride with even ownsarmor at all, cept the harley leather guys. Tons of Harley riders though and they all have their "gear"(read black leather chaps, bandannasand jackets)on. No helmets though, Utah state law doesn't require them over 18 years old.
rant done.

Old 03-24-2007, 05:36 AM

ORIGINAL: 13brsxsrr

txn_driver you were riding your wifes bike? Did you have hertampax too? Just playin. I hate little bastards like that. How bout this gimme your bike and I'll wheelie yours. Oh yeah you don't have one cause your still on a milk diet. Go the f**k home and wash out your brothers road rash.
JZHALES you wheelie for ugly chicks? Do you f**k fat bitches for food?
holy ****, i think this is the funniest thing i've read on this forum.

Old 03-24-2007, 12:49 PM

ORIGINAL: drakito

I am sick of it, and hearing from every dumb kid under 21 around here how Gear is for pussies and the only real bikes are gixxers and hayabusas. Serious at dang near every light at night somebody either wants to race or wants you to wheelie/indo. Fack them and their stupidty.
On a side note, today I saw my first sport bike rider other than me with gear on, and his girl hadmatching gear too!WOW! Nobody wears gear here. College town, most of the "riders" are in wife beaters/shorts and flipflops. When its cold like today, backwards hats and North face down jackets. Hell nobody I ride with even ownsarmor at all, cept the harley leather guys. Tons of Harley riders though and they all have their "gear"(read black leather chaps, bandannasand jackets)on. No helmets though, Utah state law doesn't require them over 18 years old.
rant done.
You are not alone. SD has no laws besides some type of eye protection, and the bars can not be past shoulder level. Yesterday riding around we saw 75+ bikes, and only TWO sportbikes. Surprisingly enough one of two had gear on, and was riding a gixxer. Surprised both me and my buddy. Its not like he was even sociable and would wave, but still.

What really pissed me off was the cops seemed to home in on us two alone. They wouldnt touch the "responsible" harley riders travelling in groups of 10-15 with enough noise to rattle inside houses. Rather just as I was coming home, one officer was on my ***, like less than two feet away. I know if I would have tapped the brake for more than 1/2 second I would have ended up on the road sans the bike. Being perfectly responsible riders, wearning gear, we are considered more of a threat than the guys who just pulled out of the bar.

This summer though my buddy and I decided on one thing. Every summer a local bar sponsors a ride through of the bar itself. I have yet to see one sport bike in attendance, so we have decided to make a point and represent the sportbike community in a positive way.

Old 03-24-2007, 01:29 PM

ORIGINAL: telgren
This summer though my buddy and I decided on one thing. Every summer a local bar sponsors a ride through of the bar itself. I have yet to see one sport bike in attendance, so we have decided to make a point and represent the sportbike community in a positive way.
[/quote]

You're in SD? My brothers live down there. Let me know when this ride happens. I'll be there with my brother JT(and his honda shadow). I'll be the 3rd sportbike to ride through the bar

Old 03-24-2007, 02:16 PM

ORIGINAL: mattyrides07

ORIGINAL: telgren
You're in SD? My brothers live down there. Let me know when this ride happens. I'll be there with my brother JT(and his honda shadow). I'll be the 3rd sportbike to ride through the bar
[/quote]

Not to be jacking in this thread, but I will defintely let you know

Old 03-24-2007, 05:03 PM

ORIGINAL: 13brsxsrr

txn_driver you were riding your wifes bike? Did you have hertampax too?

well you know, my bike is just so hot - it's kinda hard to just leave it sitting there in the parking lot - WHERE IT BELONGS!!!

j/k baby

Old 03-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They have this big Teddy Bear Run for the children's justice center every year here, for the last 20 years. Well me and 6 other sportbike riders(no clue who they were)all did the run this year and the 670 other harley riders were pissed as hell and wanted us removed from it. Then we they couldn't do that, theyjust ignored us. lol Sorry Telgren's post about the bar reminded me.

Old 03-24-2007, 06:25 PM

Just do what I do and combat them with intelligence lol. When I was on the last group ride I did, we pulled into a gas station to take a break. About 3-4 teens come over to us and start drilling away with questions. Everyone else in the group at this point had went inside, so there I was by myself. Anyway one asks can you do wheelies? I told him I didn't want to. He kept asking me to do one and I finally point blank told his *** no. He asked me why I and told him I had more important things to worry about. He asked like what and I told him things like entry speed, apexing, and exit speeds for starters. He looked at me like I was speaking Chinese, at which point I walked away in satisfaction.

Quick Reply: Kids and Wheelies