Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Are KBC helmets any good?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are KBC helmets any good?

ORIGINAL: rrasco

Check their fitment guide. Im sure they have one on their website.

and hell yeah great deal. if i liked that design i would buy one myself.
I'm not totally sold on the design but will give it a go for 72 bones for sure. Glad to hear good things about the KBC brand in general though. I'll givea comparison to the EXO 400 once I try it. Thx all.

Old 07-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good deal. BTW, I thought I told you to change your avatar. That bitch scares the **** out of me.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I like mine, fits well and fairly quiet.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:27 PM

the avatar or the helmet? lol

Old 07-07-2008, 08:26 PM

I have the VR-2.. Its a great helmet for the money. I compared it to a few of the icon helmets in the same (retail) price range and I went with the KBC. It is a little loud, especially when the speed increases. If you can handle that then I would definitely recommend it. SUPPORT MOTORCYCLETOYSTORE.COM they are awesome and well priced.

Side note: ridegear ******* sucks! I bought two textiles and a pair of gloves form them a little while back. Really inexpensive, but they sent the gloves in the wrong color, and it took them almost a month to get here. No UPS tracking number sent via email, no shipping notification or confirmation. All they sent was a thanks for placing your order email and that was it. Called them so many times my fingers fell off, they dont answer their phones. I started just playing the guessing game with the "if you know your parties extention..." option. Got a ton of voicemail's, never a person. Very frustrating experience, so be aware of that.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:53 PM

M y buddy has the same helmet and loves it...

For the money you spent how could you go wrong

Old 07-07-2008, 10:03 PM

I have a force rr and love it. I agree with PlayfulGod, though it can be noisy. but at the price you paid, you can deal with a little wind noise every now and then. I am not sure if the VR-2 has the same base plates as the rr, but I have broke two left sides already. easy fix from extremesupply though, only 13 buck.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:23 PM

i read hundreds of pages it seems on helmets and helmet testing, so....just my .02 as long as it is a full face DOT like you are talking about, its just as good as far as protection goes as the high dollar helmets. what you are paying for is fit and finish, and technology in design, air flow, accessories, features and so on. I have a KBC or twoand when researching my model, it had better protection numbers and results than my Arai or Shoei rf-1000, now, I like em all, but my Arai's and Shoeis fit better, whick away moisture better, have better ventilation, more accessories, chin skirts, changeable cheek pads, and so on, the sheild fits better, easier to change....than the KBC, but they also cost 3-4X as much. As far as if my head would be split open in a crash with any of the mentioned helmets.......I have equal faith in all of them.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:26 AM

my force rr is nice, kinda small but i like it

Old 07-08-2008, 01:24 AM

I "had" the kbc ffr airborne edition before i wrecked. It was not loud at all! fit great and was cheap. During the crash at 40 miles an hour I hit me head twice and didnt even have a headache. Im actually gettin ready to buy the vr2 stealth.

Quick Reply: Are KBC helmets any good?