Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Just went down

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they always says most accidents happen close to home. maybe its a complacent thing idk, hate to sound redundant but that bike looks very salvageable can't wait for the rebuild thread

Old 08-06-2011, 07:04 PM

I think she will be alright too. Just gotta get it off the trailer and see whats what on it, I'm not 100% sure but it doesn't want to shift lower then 3rd gear right now, which is what I was in when I crashed. but without motor running yet its hard to know if gear box is good or not

Old 08-06-2011, 07:17 PM

Wow, glad you're ok. Time for a new toy.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by smoorebmw
Wow, glad you're ok. Time for a new toy.

I'm lucky to be alive, I've seen riders (a few of my friends) die from less of a wreck then I had.

The roads here in Kentucky are some of the best riding in the world, but also some of the most dangerous roads ever

Old 08-06-2011, 11:19 PM

Glad to hear that you came out ok, except your bike. looking forward to seeing it when you get it done.

Seeing wrecks like that really makes you wonder how the rider, or riders, came out of it.

I hate seeing them, but is really good reminder of what can happen to any of us at any moment. Sure all of us have our own "close call" stories, but than after a while we forget, or worse, get the "that will never happen to me" mind set.

Ride safe, keep the rubber down.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:45 PM

I was going to go with just liability (Geico) only and then i was worried about theft or a deer running out in front of me so I just added comprehensive which is only $30 more a month and the lady told me that if a deer or dog runs out in front of you that you HAVE to hit it! They won't cover it if you lay it down to avoid the anima...wtf.....glad to hear your ok man....sorry bout your bike.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:35 AM

Crap Joe! I just came across this thread and am absolutely relieved that you are OK. Damn, thank God you were wearing full gear.

Heal quickly.

David

Old 08-13-2011, 11:20 AM

Good to see you walked away from your close encounter with the deer. Bikes can be replaced or repaired. People, not so much.
Good luck with the rebuild and watch out for those furry bastards in the future.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by YellowJacket!
Crap Joe! I just came across this thread and am absolutely relieved that you are OK. Damn, thank God you were wearing full gear.

Heal quickly.

David

Thanks man, The ole girl is starting to come together again. I'll have the rebuild thread up soon. I'm mostly just waiting on parts to get here. Ive been off work since the crash so all I have done is been working on the bike.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:37 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jveach
Thanks man, The ole girl is starting to come together again. I'll have the rebuild thread up soon. I'm mostly just waiting on parts to get here. Ive been off work since the crash so all I have done is been working on the bike.
I'm also still working on my Bird. Laid her down beginning of last month. I'm very close to finishing besides some cosmetic stuff and even did a little test drive. It was so nice to be on that bike again. The beginning sucks because you might have to do a bunch of work and not see a change on the bike (or have to wait for money/parts). Once stuff like the subframe is on and it's time for plastics then it'll feel good again.

Good luck man, let's see that build thread!