CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   just my permit?? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/just-my-permit-12829/)

cbrclan 04-21-2006 02:05 PM

RE: just my permit??

Some of my buddies have the same predicamet. Bottom line, drive the speed limit or flow of traffic so there's no chance of getting pulled over.

josho66 04-21-2006 08:42 PM

I wonder how many riders actually don't have thier license??? I know a lot of people myself that don't have them. From what I have been told as long as you drive the speed limit and don't do dumb crap cops usually leave bikes alone.

STRICKN 04-21-2006 09:31 PM

In NC you car ride on an M permit for 12 months before you have to get your endorsment. The only stipulation is you can not carry any passengers.
Good luck.

mjflagg 04-22-2006 01:02 AM

ORIGINAL: ImmaSquashYou

all i know is that a license for me is my life. Without it, i wouldn't be able to go to school, work, out, and see my g/f. If you have your permit and the certificate and all you need is 2 hours of time, GO TO THE DMV BEFORE YOU DO GET PULLED OVER!!!!
I took my permit and my certificate from MSF to DMV dropped my cert in the test grading basket and I was in and out in less than 10 minutes.

Tiller7 04-22-2006 11:16 PM

ORIGINAL: josho66

I wonder how many riders actually don't have thier license??? I know a lot of people myself that don't have them. From what I have been told as long as you drive the speed limit and don't do dumb crap cops usually leave bikes alone.

I wish cops would leave bikes alone up here. I live in WV and they get pulled over every other day. My friends were riding I still dont have my bike yet and I was followin them in the car and a cop pulled one of them over for nothing then not 30 minutes later another one got pulled over. Alot of the bikers up here say they get pulled over when cars are passin them and its mostly sport bikes not harleys or anything.. I dunno myself tho but I cant wait to get my bike =P

QuinC 04-23-2006 02:02 AM

i only have my permit... i would get my licence but I cant do the damn circle at the dmv on my 929... and the msf class is 200$!!!! [:@]

rrasco 04-24-2006 01:54 PM

yeah, never heard of a permit. i took the MSF class (only$160 down here) and i couldnt do the figure 8 either. but you dont have to, you can still score high enough to get the endorsement. then you just have to go to DMV and take written, and bam, license you have.

city worker 04-24-2006 04:05 PM

you guy's need to borrow sombody's little 175 or 250 enduro, and take skill's test, they don't care what you take it on as long as its street legal, and they can ask about all the "safty crap" on bike, just make sure you know where all the parts are, like "choke,( if you take skill's test on your current bike say a new bike remember that fuel injection does not have a choke and you need to say that durring oral part of test:D}signal indi ,front brake ,rear brake, horn etc....etc.... without looking too hard , cause if they see you are looking like you can't remember they'll fail ya, i took mine on my F-2 but I practiced alot before I went to DMV, I'am So Cali so not sure if it's the same all over. remember this, 1 ding on test and it's over!!!! they'll fail ya, so pratice before you go;)

kiggy74 04-24-2006 05:51 PM

I start my basic rider safety course tomorrow night. By the end of the course I'll have my actual license and I won't have to worry about that BS any more.

Munson 04-24-2006 06:40 PM

ORIGINAL: QuinC

and the msf class is 200$!!!! [:@]
You'll get a reduction on your insurance - both bike and car - for taking the safety class. That should pay for at least some of the $200.