Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Just got out of the hospital

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got out of the hospital

I wrecked my 900rr back on August 17th on my way home. I was .8 miles from the house. Not exactly sure what happened. Some eye witnesses claim I was struck by a deer which caused me to go off the road into a ditch. To make a long story short, my bike was completly destroyed. I will be parting what few things are left if any in a few months if I am able to take them apart...
My left knee and lower leg were badly damaged, resulting in a below knee amputation. My left elbow and wrist were busted up and I will no longer have full range of motion. My right ankle was also broken. I had to be life flighted into Grady and the first two days were tenuous. Luckly I had on my full face (good quality) helmet and it took the damages that would have resulted in brains on the ground. Also didn't suffer any spinal or internal injuries. It was pure luck.

I am home now after a five week stay in the hospital and have at least another 3-4 months before I will be up on crutches. The good Lord decided to spare my life, but it is changed forever. Please be careful everyone. This happened clear out of the blue. I don't even know what happened, my memory is blank.
Five seconds and I am forever changed. God bless you all.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:30 AM
Default RE: Just got out of the hospital

thats aterrible thing that happend to you, im glad to hear that your still alive. i hope your recovery goes well

Old 09-25-2007, 10:37 AM

Oh my. Im sorry to hear man, glad your going to make it through this. God bless you.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:47 AM

So sorry to hear. You still have a full life to live. I hope the rest of your recovery goes well.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:47 AM

Man, sorry to hear about the wreck. I hope you heal quickly and will keep you in my prayers.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:50 AM

Oh my God! You have a positive attitude, and my prayers are with you. I'm gonna be super careful riding! Thank you for sharing this. Peace, Gray.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:00 AM

I'm so glad to hear you're ok...I actually have a friend who was in a bike crash and had his right leg amputated...and he still rides! Right now he just doesn't use the rear brake but he is planning ongetting a handbrake soon. He rides a brand new 2007 GSXR 600. I don't know if you plan on ever riding again but I just wanted to let you know that there are people out there who have lost a limb and still are able to do what they love. I wish you all the luck in the world, hope you get well as soon as possible.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:59 AM
Retired Moderator

So sorry tohear that Mojo! It soundslike you have a good positive attitude at this point. If you get theblues, shoot me a pm. I'm sure you have a good supporting cast, but sometimes it helps to get a different perspective from a person you can be semi-anonymous with. Good luck to you, friend. We are all here for you!!!

Old 09-25-2007, 01:23 PM

wow, gives me a turnin feeling in the ole stomach, really sad to hear this news man. Hope you have a speedy recovery..... keep your positive attiude.

Old 09-25-2007, 01:29 PM

Dang bro, glad you're still alive, keep your chin up and make your impact, you're still here for a reason! God bless, and I hope you heal rapidly. Hit me up if you need someone to talk to.

Jason

Quick Reply: Just got out of the hospital