Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Just in case

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 01:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just in case

Just in case you were in the market in buying a new truck and was wondering if your bike will fit in the new Honda Ridgeline. Here is your answer.

Old 10-25-2006, 01:58 AM
Default RE: Just in case

looks like a tight squeeze but very nice work and thanx for the info cause i know that in the near future ill be lookin at getting a ridgeline seeing as how i can afford it now lol

are both those bikes and the truck yours?

Old 10-25-2006, 01:59 AM

nice...not a fan of those "trucks"...well more of an on-road only truck like vehicle.

Old 10-25-2006, 02:17 AM

No those bikes are not mine. Those are 600's. Look at my user name on here..lol. Just kidding. I recently myself purchased a Ridgeline this past week. I like it. To be honest gets great gas mileage. I squeezed 466.7 miles out of 19.9 gallons. If you do the math its a little over 23 miles to the gallon. Not bad for a 4 wheel drive. Its one of those trucks you have to test drive to like. Plus it has so many cool features that no other high end truck can even come close too. Plus I paid 20,100 for mine. Take care

Semper Fi

Old 10-25-2006, 04:40 PM

ORIGINAL: CBR1000RRMARINE
Just in case you were in the market in buying a new truck and was wondering if your bike will fit in the new Honda Ridgeline. Here is your answer.
NOT TO BURN YOU HERE MARINE - JUST AN OPINION ABOUT THIS TOPIC IN GENERAL:
Anyone who tows their bike(s) - unless it's 300 miles or more to get to Deal's Gap - oughtta be shot. We bought them to ride, not to show off on some trailer or truck bed (kinda like those full dress HD's you see being towed everywhere).

Also, I'll buy a Jap bike because I think their quality exceeds the American bike market. But as far as trucks go - I don't think you can go wrong with the American products.

OK, I'll get down from my little soap box now

Old 10-25-2006, 07:17 PM
VP

NOT TO BURN YOU HERE MARINE - JUST AN OPINION ABOUT THIS TOPIC IN GENERAL:
Anyone who tows their bike(s) - unless it's 300 miles or more to get to Deal's Gap - oughtta be shot. We bought them to ride, not to show off on some trailer or truck bed (kinda like those full dress HD's you see being towed everywhere).
Yeah I'm gonna have to disagree with you here jjkukla. I live just south of Atlanta and there is nothing fun or exhilerating about riding in traffic. I can put the bikes in the back of the truck and drive it up to North Atlanta for the real twistie mountain roads and actually have fun doing it.

My .02

BTW Marine, I just got back to my store from test driving a Tundra cuz I didn't think the 54 would fit in the Ridgeline. I have an accord now and I love it, but I think it's time for a truck. I'll go test drive the Ridgeline tomorrow.

Old 10-25-2006, 10:12 PM

Hey vpsophmore,
I think you will like it. I have the RTS model. I would buy 2006 rather than 2007. One you save alot of money and 2007 they only added one more model called the RTX. That comes stock with a tow hitch. But does have all the cool features but you will see the difference.

Happy hunting.

Semper Fi.

Old 10-25-2006, 10:17 PM
Retired Administrator

Nice truck... the accessory bikes is what makes it for me.

Old 10-25-2006, 10:59 PM

ORIGINAL: doncollins

Nice truck... the accessory bikes is what makes it for me.
+1

Old 10-26-2006, 10:47 AM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore
Yeah I'm gonna have to disagree with you here jjkukla. I live just south of Atlanta and there is nothing fun or exhilerating about riding in traffic. I can put the bikes in the back of the truck and drive it up to North Atlanta for the real twistie mountain roads and actually have fun doing it.
Question 4 U: Why don't you just RIDE the bikes there instead of dragging them?

I also live in an area that is not all that fun to ride around (less than 2 hours north of Detroit). But there's some real nice riding to be had out in "the thumb" (of Michigan) - it only takes an hour to get to. I would rather ride to that destination than spend the time loading and unloading the bike(s), filling the truck with fuel and missing out on the extra couple hours of riding.

But we all have our own likes and dislikes...

Quick Reply: Just in case