CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Job Application ?? on misdemeanor (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/job-application-misdemeanor-42980/)

transamlt1man 06-25-2007 11:54 PM

Job Application ?? on misdemeanor

I am applying for a job and one question is have i been convicted of a crime. I have a "Disturbing the Public" about 1 year ago for getting in a little fight outside a bar. I believe it is considered a misdemeanor. My question is should I even right this on the application? or just leave it out? They state that they will do a background check for all new employees. I know it is not a serious crime but i dont want it to affect the chance of me getting a job. Thanks

transamlt1man 06-26-2007 12:18 AM

RE: Job Application ?? on misdemeanor

"creating a disturbance" i ment

Nauree 06-26-2007 12:27 AM

I'm fairly sure misdemeanors arn't crimes. I wouldn't even worry about stating it.

transamlt1man 06-26-2007 12:30 AM

it says to state misdemeanor and felony convictions..... i dont know what to do

TennesseeCBRF2 06-26-2007 12:38 AM

If it asks to state misdemeanors, I would do it. They're going to find out about it anyway.

AudiCBR 06-26-2007 12:44 AM

ORIGINAL: Nauree

I'm fairly sure misdemeanors arn't crimes. I wouldn't even worry about stating it.
lol, next time refuse to sign your speeding ticket and you'll see how quick that misdemeanor lands you in jail. disclose cuz the background check will show it and you'll get fired for lying.

transamlt1man 06-26-2007 12:47 AM

f it i will put it down. It was only a penalty of $75. They shouldn't care to much about that.

D2VW14_20 06-26-2007 12:56 AM

Something like that shoudlnt effedt a job, because that could be a range from yelling or fighting to playing music loud, etc, its not a very serious offense.

Shocktroop 06-26-2007 12:59 AM

I had something similair happen, nothing serious, but didn't think to mention it cause it looked bad, then of course they found out, and it looked bad like I was trying to elude them. The interviewer asked why I hadn't just put it down, now I was questionable becuase I was dishonest........I didn't really think anything of it, but I guess they did. So, put it down, and if asked, be truthfull. Say it was a scuffle in front of a club and you got a ticket....no biggie.

txsmainevent 06-26-2007 06:30 AM

most of the time there lookin for specific convicted crimes, for example if ur applyin at a bank and u have theft under 50 or robbery that u served time for years back....common now ur not gonna even get looked at twice. that charge is as simple as a traffic ticket. dont worry bout it, 99% sure they will be lookin for charges that would affect the work environment. leave it out!

05RR 06-26-2007 07:47 AM

Like someone said, they're going to find out anyways. Yes, put it on your app. Why? Yeah, there are some crimes that would prevet someone from getting a job (theft, fraud, etc.) but in all honesty, they're looking for "...is he/she an honest person?" Like, EVERYONE makes mistakes in life...if you mark no/say nothing about it and they find out about it, they're going to be like, "He lied...Can I really trust this person?...Is this person telling the truth about everything else?..." and so on whereas if you marked yes/said something about it, they'd be like, "Well, this person did make a mistake, but at least he was honest about it...I can trust this person...I'm going to give him a chance to prove himself...", or something along those lines. I wish you the best of luck man. Keep us UTD and let us know how everything's going.

CBR76 06-26-2007 12:44 PM

Ummm..yeah, I would definitely put down that you were convicted of a misdemeanor. When they ask, they mean misdemeanors and felony convictions. Most places will even want to know how many traffic violations you've had, to include the charge, and when/where. Its always good to be on the safe side and disclose EVERYTHING. If you don't, and they find out about it..your application is worth nothing more than a paperweight. When I applied for my agency I put down every single parking ticket, speeding ticket, etc. and in the polygraph booklet, even the fact that I took change off of my dad's dresser when I was a kid.

Most agencies realizes that 99% of people applying have made some type of mistake(s) in their life. What they care about is that they can put faith in your integrity, and that after whatever you did..you learned from the mistake and moved on. You don't want to risk losing a job position over something minor like a disturbing the peace conviction. However, if you were convicted of it a few months prior to applying they might have a problem with that. If it was years ago, they most likely could care less. Best of luck in whatever you decide.