Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I've became 600rr junkie

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 10:32 PM
August 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've became 600rr junkie

All I think about all day is what can I get for my bike. What can I do for my bike. Good thing I am single, or maybe that is the reason my bike is love of my life.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:30 PM

nice ride more pics plz ^^

bro it is a given that our bikes become the love of our lives.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:42 AM

imma junkie too!

Old 03-03-2011, 08:21 AM

The mod bug is addictive!! I think the always thinking about it and pushing things aside come from the first owning, kind of like a puppy love thing in grade school. Once you go through your first non-riding season it will sub-side a LITTLE, not much though.
As far as it being good your single just means you don't have to hear some guy complain about you wanting to ride the bike instead of doing something with him and you know that the bike will never leave you unsatisfied You'll one day find someone who shares the same passion as you and then you two will drool all over the bikes together

Oh yeah a forum member(can't remember if it was on CBRF or a different forum) explained bikes perfectly. "Selling your bike(s) is like quiting drugs, you wished you never would have found out how great they are." or something like that.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:51 AM
August 2011 ROTM

OMG, on those days I couldn't ride to work cuz my friend is picking me up after, when I hear some sportsbike, my heart goes boom boom boom. I so wish I rode my bike. I love being single, I am not technically single being that my bike is my passion and pleasure. But, yes, sportsbike junkie is one of the quality that guy has to have among other things. My neighbor will be working on his R6 Sat, and he is going to help me take my fairing off to install Krazy Eyez. One day, I will be able to do all that all by myself, hope

Old 03-03-2011, 10:25 AM

yea thats how i was too. my first year i couldnt wait. i didnt have my L's yet so i rode across the street to this school and rode in the parking lot everyday it was over 35 degrees, lol (i got my bike in Jan) Rode all day everyday the first season. then my 2 buddies that i always rode with sold their bikes so the 2nd year i didnt really ride that much. i had back surgery after the 2nd year so the 3rd year i barely rode at all and was considering selling it, now my back is stronger and im back to playing sports, etc, and my back will be able to handle it so i have the passion for it like i did the first year again. plus im doing the rotors, cctl, plugs, and air filter so spending the time taking it apart and working on it is making me want to ride it that much more. i cant wait until i'm finished and its consistently over 50degrees everyday.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by yumoncbr
One day, I will be able to do all that all by myself, hope
The best way to learn is watching others or just do like I did and start taking things apart and hope you can put them back together correctly working and doing installments on them is part of the passion of riding, making it your own and unique just like yourself.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:25 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by amRRussel
The best way to learn is watching others or just do like I did and start taking things apart and hope you can put them back together correctly
Yea that is the problem. I have nobody around me that has same bike as me. Here in Hawaii, we have tons of R6 and Gixxer. Not many cbr600rr

Old 03-03-2011, 02:19 PM

Hawaii??!! I'll come show you!!!

They are all basically built the same on the outside, just put different logos on them. I learned how to change clutch plates but watching my buddy change them on his ZX12. Give it some time and I reckon you'll learn everything you desire

Old 03-03-2011, 02:58 PM
August 2011 ROTM

My neighbor is pretty good. He does work on his bike, and he was taking motorcycle mechanic class at school. And he is not one those guy who will yank things off. lol I always have problem catching him to ask him for help.

Quick Reply: I've became 600rr junkie