Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

It's official. Honda's new bike is . . .

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 02:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: It's official. Honda's new bike is . . .

ORIGINAL: Hatebreed

800 would be sick, better upgrade for me later if i want more discplacemnt than going to a gixer 750, and yet, im kinda scared of a 1k, i mean cmon, 4th gear power wheelies are a lil much for me.
Sound like we are reading off of the same page, I am looking at a gixer 750.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:46 AM

I doubt its an 800 because, as cool as it may be, from the business standpoint it wouldn't boost sales much at all. On the other hand if they built a big bike like a busa or zx14 they would gain a lot as long as it didn't suck. I know a lot of guys with hayabusa's that are secretly honda guys but the only reason they didn't stick with honda is because they had nothing to offer them.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:08 AM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 800cc sounds good, but I wonder how many people would go for it in the U.S. We seem to be a nation of 'bigger-is-better' rather than looking for something smaller and more agile. At an SCCA rally a couple weekends ago that was really brought home whenthreesmall sport cars - a CRX, WRX and Probe -absolutely embarrased the couple dozen each Mustangs, Corvettes, and Camaros. The majority is impressed with size, appearance,and going fast in a straight line.Handling comes second.

In the motorcycle world, at least the Honda sector, look at comments about the VFR. A good many people are all excited about a 5 cylinder 1000cc model, there are continual complaints that it just isn't fast enough, not enough power, etc. Yet when my sons and I made a run through Glacier Park the VFR kept up quite nicely with my CBR and the SuperHawk when cruising alongU.S. 2. It's a whole lot more agile than my ancient 1000F, and probably more sothan the average sport-touring bike. But many stay away from it because it's only 800cc.

Honda is a pragmatic company. If it won't sell, they won't bring it in. I'm bettingon a Hayabusa-killer version of the CBR.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:25 AM

all i gots to say is that it better live up the damn hype that they are givin it cause it would be a major let down if it aint that good. i still wanna see the pics for the 08 1000rr.

Old 09-22-2007, 12:58 PM

i still dont see jack that is new xcept the 600rr

Old 09-22-2007, 01:34 PM

ORIGINAL: doncollins

I hope Honda never falls to fat cow desease that Kaw did to match the slow-a-busa.... I know it's fast, in a straight line, but what fun is that.... but I just hate the looks of both.

I'd say more likely a 800cc to match the new MotoGP displacment, that is if they do any new displacement.

Or maybe something to replace the extinct F4
About a year and a half ago, when they were still talking about the new MotoGP displacement, well...for all of you who don't know, I live in "Honda Town". I was at the dealership one day (when I actually liked them) and...the V.P. of Honda was there touring the place. He couldn't speak a lick of English so he had someone there to translate for him. Anyways, long story short, he himself, the V.P. of Honda said that he'd like to see an 800cc bike. Not just for the new MotoGP displacement but to also "compete" with the GSX-R 750. Even at the Honda Homecoming, there was talk about an 800cc bike. The only thing that I question is, would they of had enough time, etc., to create a whole new machine? Maybe they had plans along time ago to produce an 800cc monster just to "compete" with the GSX-R 750 and then after MotoGP confirmed the new displacement, maybe now they're thinking "It's time to unveil our masterplan".

Oh yeah, BTW, I agree with The Don, the Busa and ZX-14 aren't very appealing. Yeah, they're fast, in a straight line butif you ever go that fast on public roads, you're just f**king stupid.

The F4 was a great bike and the sales weren't that bad. Maybe you're right, maybe they're redoing an F4?

I also heard talk about a new "RC-51" coming out. A new, 1000cc, Twin. Hmmm?

Old 09-22-2007, 01:39 PM

a new rc-51 coming out would be nice as hell imo. id get one