Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Its not a Honda but

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 05:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Its not a Honda but

I got an '04 if anybody wants it.

What would be nice if the 500cc engine would fit in the 250 frame. Then if you wanted more power you could swap the motors out.

I enjoyed the hell out of my 250. Got a ticket for speeding. Well, he waverd the speeding and just got me for no M license. [:-]

I cut the insurance off since I have another daily rider. If I had the money I'd kept'd her on but now my payments are just $50 a month. So I'm not complaining much. Would help save on gas compared to my V-4. [&:]

Old 09-26-2007, 08:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

I don't care how good they make it look, I think the fact that it is a 250 turns most people away. Nothing wrong with a 250, I highly recomend them, but how many times have you guys had someone ask whats a good first bike for a beginer, and when you say a 250, they wrinkle their nose at you? I am one of the only daily riders in my station, and folks always come to ask me about bike this and bike that, like I know or something, but mostly it's always a first bike question, and I say a 250, or depending on what thet're looking for, really anything but a busa' or the latest and greatest sportbike,but they insist on an RR or something similiar cause their buddy told them.........you know the story. Anyhow, the new 250 looks very nice, a great improvement.
Not necessarily true... I know for a fact I'd definintely would have bought the cbr125 or yzf r125 if they had them in the states, or if yamaha put in a 250 engine in that same styling. I avoided the kawi just because it looked like it belonged in the 1990's. Thats basically the reason, I know it's a bad one but hey whatever. This r125 loooks amazing. I think its because of the looks people shy away when you recomend someone the 250 they know itss the ninja and the know its really ugly. Engine size might play a role into it but its definitely looks, atleast for me it was.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:36 PM

I would have totally rocked one of those hawt looking bikes if they'd been available.