Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Its not a Honda but

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Its not a Honda but

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

That looks great! Too bad it's a Kawasucki. When is Honda going to jump on this and get a good beginner bike that actually looks decent?
They have one. actaully they have a 125cc too just not sold in te US lol

Old 09-25-2007, 09:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they upped the price 500 bucks. that sucks. i'm thinking about buying one to save wear and tear on my F4i

Old 09-25-2007, 09:18 PM

I don't care how good they make it look, I think the fact that it is a 250 turns most people away. Nothing wrong with a 250, I highly recomend them, but how many times have you guys had someone ask whats a good first bike for a beginer, and when you say a 250, they wrinkle their nose at you? I am one of the only daily riders in my station, and folks always come to ask me about bike this and bike that, like I know or something, but mostly it's always a first bike question, and I say a 250, or depending on what thet're looking for, really anything but a busa' or the latest and greatest sportbike,but they insist on an RR or something similiar cause their buddy told them.........you know the story. Anyhow, the new 250 looks very nice, a great improvement.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

I don't care how good they make it look, I think the fact that it is a 250 turns most people away. Nothing wrong with a 250, I highly recomend them, but how many times have you guys had someone ask whats a good first bike for a beginer, and when you say a 250, they wrinkle their nose at you? I am one of the only daily riders in my station, and folks always come to ask me about bike this and bike that, like I know or something, but mostly it's always a first bike question, and I say a 250, or depending on what thet're looking for, really anything but a busa' or the latest and greatest sportbike,but they insist on an RR or something similiar cause their buddy told them.........you know the story. Anyhow, the new 250 looks very nice, a great improvement.
We cant help ppl are stoopid n dont take good advice lol

Old 09-25-2007, 09:43 PM

^^^
I respectfully disagree... most vehicle purchases are based on looks for the majority of the (uneducated) masses.
I predict this thing will sell for about 1K over MSRP, and still they aregoing to be flyng offthe showroom floor. (Gixxer 600/ ZX6-R styling for about 4.5 grand brand new? ... you do the math)

I also predict this will go a LOOOONG way into making motorcycling more mainstream.

Let's just hope Honda gets a clue, and brings their 125 streetbike to the states. I'm sick of "Team Green" having the absolute monopoly on the small displacement sportbike market.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:01 PM

125cc is nothing. If they bring a small bike to compete with the Kawa, it'd better have 250 or more CC's.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:03 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Looks sharp

Old 09-25-2007, 10:09 PM

125cc is nothing. If they bring a small bike to compete with the Kawa, it'd better have 250 or more CC's.
they do just not sold in th US.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

That looks great! Too bad it's a Kawasucki. When is Honda going to jump on this and get a good beginner bike that actually looks decent?
They have one. actaully they have a 125cc too just not sold in te US lol
The new 250 looks really good. And if memory serves me correctly Honda already produces a CBR 250 and 400 just not for the American market. I thank Canada did get the CBR 125 and I will agree with shooktroop on what he said and have posted on this already under the thread Riders Experience. I believe that most individuals approached buying their first sports bike.Now here is my quote from that thread

A lot of individuals approached buying a motorcycle in the same manner in which they would purchase a sportscars letting Pride and Male ego for the most part keeps them from starting out on something smaller. That need for speed. That is born and breed in us as Americans and those bragging rights will keep most guys from buying a small bike. Even if it was available in anything other than the ninja 250

Old 09-26-2007, 12:15 AM

at $3500 for a new bike its something i might look at for my wife. she has showed interest in getting her own bike and i think something like this would be great for her. she never liked the looks of the smaller bikes before and thats why she doesnt have her own yet, im not goin to send her out on a 600 just to watch her lay it down and get hurt.

Quick Reply: Its not a Honda but