Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Its not fair

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 03:18 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Its not fair

Hey I'm a snowboarder too. Been riding since 94, the mountain is only 30 minutes away and is quite a hoot. But since it is 30 minutes away, you kinda get bored after a while. Know what I mean? Also the road has like 200-300 corners between here and there and every time I go in my car in this weather I wish it was dry and I could go on the bike, or with my car's suspension full tight(in other words dry clear roads, which only happen about a month out of the year). I guess it's really 45 min away but I drive a little faster than most, and the canyon has only suggested speeds, no actual speed limit except in sections.

Old 03-03-2007, 04:24 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one thing i get annoyed with is that when im all happy about the weather being nice so i can ride.. some person is always complaining how they wish it would drop hella snow so they can hit the slopes! and hearing that im always like "shut your mouth !" but i gues its really a give an take .. i mean we cant have perfect weather all year long ... can we ???!!!hahaha but then all the snowboarders and skiers would be bitchin all the time[:@]

Old 03-03-2007, 09:55 AM

OK, I'm not in as bad shape as Telgren, but damn I'm pissed!!!

2 days ago (Thursday) it was 67. Where am I? at work. Yesterday (Friday), it was 50. Where am I? at work.

So today (Saturday - start of the weekend) I'm thinking I can sneak in a ride early this morning, then do some stuff I gotta do, and then maybe go for another ride later in the afternoon. This is what I wake up to [:@]

Even if is doesn't stick or stay around very long, it's still gonna make everything all messy again! I'm soooo pissed!!!!

by the way... did I mention I was pissed?!?!

Old 03-03-2007, 11:50 AM

it never rains in southern California... or snows, or mists, or gets cold, or ANYTHING. The weather was always gorgeous there...... it got to the point where I just missed the rain or anything! BUT it was amazing bike weather.

Old 03-03-2007, 01:16 PM

I beg to tiffer with ya tfx, I live in so cal, up in the Sanberdo mtns in Big Bear, it rains, it snows, it mist, and it gets really COLD !!! havn't rode since Dec, too much ice in the shade, oh I've seen bikes on the weekends sometimes, but there comming up from below where it don't rain, snow, get misty, or get cold..................
ORIGINAL: txf4igirl

it never rains in southern California... or snows, or mists, or gets cold, or ANYTHING. The weather was always gorgeous there...... it got to the point where I just missed the rain or anything! BUT it was amazing bike weather.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:48 PM

Final total snowfall over past 4 days 23 inches.

About the only really nice thing about living here is when it is nice, I am not forced to put up with a ton of traffic. Riding around the city is a breeze, the traffic level could probably be compared to 5 AM traffic in DC. Add to the fact that our interstates and highways are straight for miles. I can concievable ride in any direction from my town and not hit another town for 50 miles. So do I need to worry about 6 lanes of interstate? Oh hell no. Other than that south dakota sucks. Seems like everyone here is fat because they eat too much during the winter. Its just not the cows that are corn fed....

Old 03-03-2007, 04:29 PM

ORIGINAL: city worker

I beg to tiffer with ya tfx, I live in so cal, up in the Sanberdo mtns in Big Bear, it rains, it snows, it mist, and it gets really COLD !!! havn't rode since Dec, too much ice in the shade, oh I've seen bikes on the weekends sometimes, but there comming up from below where it don't rain, snow, get misty, or get cold..................
ORIGINAL: txf4igirl

Depends on where you live. I live near LA so it's great weather. +1 txf4igirl

Old 03-03-2007, 06:19 PM

we got a trade off, LA, traffic, smog, crime, nice riding year round Big Bear,10 min's to work, clean air, 7 to 8 months riding [>:]

Old 03-03-2007, 07:11 PM

We actually spent most of our time down by San Diego (Ramona to be exact) and I think it might have rained once the whole time we lived there.... Ok so it didn't really rain, it was really foggy and the mist got on my windshield driving down the mountain. I think it really just depends on where you are in So-Cal... Now we live in Central TX and the weather is perfect!

Old 03-03-2007, 10:57 PM

No fair I guess, I'am at 6750' it always sucks at this altitude [:'(]

Quick Reply: Its not fair