Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Its finally here.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008 | 06:28 PM
Default RE: Its finally here.....

Think its about 3.60 for super here in the AZ.

Old 04-24-2008 | 06:34 PM
Banned

$3.75 for the cheap stuff here. I usually run about $175-$225 p/week with my work van. Wish I could load all the tools and materials on the bike.

Old 04-24-2008 | 07:32 PM

Fuel prices are bull$h*t...the futures traders in New York are driving the prices up...how can a barrel of oil increase in price 70% in6 months...did demand go up 70%?

I don think so..can you imagine the transfer of wealth that is happening right now to third world countrieswith two bit dictators who have these oil reserves

We will go to war over oil folks...and IM NOT talking about IRAQ

[sm=rant.gif]

Old 04-24-2008 | 08:18 PM
Retired Moderator

You have people who drive 12 mpg trucks and SUV's because they have to and it's part of their job......for these people I have sympathy............

But then you have people who buy V8 muscle cars, trucks and huge SUV's as commuter vehicles. THESE people are the ones that are driving up the demand for gas.........which is driving up the prices.

Less demand........lower prices. It's so stupidly simple, but I guess us American's struggle with it. We struggle with the "bigger is better" belief........and because the majority of us are thick-headed "Ill drive whatever the hell I want to" type of people...........that will drive fuel prices clear into the $5.00 range before you know it.

So what I'm really getting at is this..........If you drive a gas-guzzling SUV, truck or car, and it's completely unnecessary........you have NO room to complain about anything. You knew it got crappy gas milage when YOU bought it, and now it's biting you in the ***. Instead of taking it out on gas companies (who still deserve to be kicked in the *****), take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Gas companies wouldn't be able to get away with these outstanding prices if us as drivers let them. And we are letting them because we use more of their product. Less use of their product........the less the demand........the lower the prices. Simple.

Old 04-24-2008 | 08:26 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

My Camaro gets about 7-9 mpg. I ain't complaing, i wont stop driving it either.

Old 04-24-2008 | 09:32 PM
RCR

$3.89 is the cheapest I can find for regular, most places are at 3.95. SO Cal sucks we have refineries all over the place and were the most expensive.

My fuel bill exceeds $3,000.00 a month now for the work trucks, thats up around $600-700 from a couple of months ago.[:@]Granted I run a business but it still cuts deep and I have to pass this on to my customers.

The people I really feel sorry for are the ones that are barely making ends meat and have this added cost. This is not normal and its going to Bk some people or mess up their credit beyond repair for the next 10 years. They will have to choose fill up the car or pay the credit card/insurance/car loan/ and so on.. You know they have to buy gas to get to work and it will start snowballing from there.

Our country is out to destroy us!!!! and they kinow it.

Old 04-25-2008 | 03:15 AM
Banned

I think I've truly STOPPED caring about gas prices. What's the point??? The cold hard truth is that we are completely powerless to do a damn thing about it. Nobody is going to change the world by not getting gas on a certain day or boycotting the top 3 companies...they are half-baked schemes that will never work. And as for any help from those who DO have the power to help...the government....FORGET ABOUT IT! I quit even paying attention to the gas prices...there's no use stressing over things beyond your control. At the end of the day, the only real option is to bend over and take it like a man.

Old 04-25-2008 | 04:28 AM

here in MD the cheapest i can get 93 for is around $3.80ga. its bull****, but what can you do. i rode my bike all winter this past winter b/c my g/f was in need of my truck (sold her car). the way gas prices are going, even if i got my truck back for winter '09, i'll still be on the bike! right now w/ prices the way they are it costs me about $13.** to fill up. i have to do that every other day for to/from work, if i go joyride it becomes everyday.

Old 04-25-2008 | 05:02 AM

It's averaging 4.00$ for regular here..i just dont care anymore.

Old 04-25-2008 | 05:36 AM
Banned

Our country is out to destroy us!!!! and they kinow it.
It is not our country that is profitting excessively from these prices, but oil producing countries. Yes, Exxon is making huge money, but that is only because SO MUCH oil and gasoline are being sold worldwide. They do not set prices.

Prices are set by supply and demand, those numbers can be affected bt the financial markets. Right now crude oil is $117/Bbl, the fair price is probably $75. But that doesn't change the fact that the Arab nations have finally found a way to win this Holy war.

Conservation is the only way to make it hurt less, but over time, these prices will just continue to rise, there is no fighting it.

Quick Reply: Its finally here.....