Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

inter racial marriages

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 09:08 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: inter racial marriages

^^^ I think that is a great idea. I let my wife have whatever she wanted, on our wedding day, because women dream of their wedding day from the day they start thinking about it...unlike men. Give her her day and then have an inclusive ceremony (even if it is symbolic), later. She will have her dream day, and your friends will still get to attend. If you need a great band, you can fly my band out for a small fortune....

Old 09-26-2007, 10:25 PM

well you can do the modern American wedding...... JP, cheap rings, drunk friends, and a bottle of the best screw top champagne from the quickie mart...

oohhhh almost forgot..... a huge fight after.... don;t matter who as long as someone from the wedding goes to jail....
yeah that's America baby.....

Old 09-26-2007, 10:51 PM

why not just have a huge reception later for all the freinds what not.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:11 PM

I think that the laos ceremony and huge reception. You could also incude ceremonial aspects in the reception, like reading vows, having a candlelight ceremony. In the end its your party, make it something that you both will enjoy remembering for the rest of your life.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:12 PM

ORIGINAL: BlindinOrange

well you can do the modern American wedding...... JP, cheap rings, drunk friends, and a bottle of the best screw top champagne from the quickie mart...

oohhhh almost forgot..... a huge fight after.... don;t matter who as long as someone from the wedding goes to jail....
yeah that's America baby.....
crap I forgot to add the old broken down Chevy Nova as a limo......

Old 09-26-2007, 11:19 PM

ORIGINAL: oreo

I think that the laos ceremony and huge reception. You could also incude ceremonial aspects in the reception, like reading vows, having a candlelight ceremony. In the end its your party, make it something that you both will enjoy remembering for the rest of your life.
I do freelance work as a wedding videographer, and I actually shot a Laotian wedding/ceremony. When you say 'huge' reception...I thought about that wedding...over 800 people in attendence...from all over the world. It was awesome (though most of the reception was not in english...so that was interesting, since they didn't tell us what was gonna happen...).

Old 09-27-2007, 01:38 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I say go ahead with the 2 ceremony. You won't lose anything. (Maybe extra burn in the pocket, thats all).
Since your wife is an Asian, and let me tell you that these people really believe in thier tradition and customs. (Trust me, I'm an Asian too)

By the way if you happen to drop by to Laos, bring along your bike.We go for a ride. hhmmm, maybe we meet up in Thailand. lol

Old 09-27-2007, 09:44 AM

i am married to a beatuful native american (navjo) and i am white but most think i am mexican. we get alot of looks on the rez but down in tucson not so much. we did the justice of the peace here in town. well thats not true we got married in my best freinds tattoo shop. long story short we went downtown but the wait was over 4 hours so we found out his boss was ordained(sp) and he married us .. the cool thing is we are the only people he is going to ever marry. he got ordained for a freinds wedding as back up incase the other guy couldn't make it but it turns out he did. and then a month latter we went back to nm. and did a navjo cermony at her moms house .. she dressed in traditional and i tryed to i will post up some pics if anybody wants to see a whiteboy try to look like a navjo !hahaahh

Old 09-27-2007, 11:34 AM

All i can say is: CONGRATS!!, be eternally happy... give it a 100%.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:45 AM

i dont think u should get married unless u are prepared to give up at least half if not more than half of everything u own after a year. that being said, my *** aint ever gettin married (or movin to cali for that matter) but good luck to ya. u should really just sit down with her and decide what to do as far as the ceremony goes and not really worry bout what everybody else wants imo. plus, isnt it kinda like her "day", always thought that since the girl's family is payin that they usually do the pickin as far as what happens