Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 02:58 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Insurance

i believe for state farm it varies depending on what state you live in . because i too had heard that u must have a ucrrenty auto policy but then a member on here i believe her name is valley cat she works for state farm and was able to get me a quote for my bike (i live in california ) so just check with your local state farm agent and see what they say

Old 08-19-2006, 04:12 PM

Yea, I called them today, and they said that I DO have to have a car with them. I live in FL so i dont know. But, I am going to keep checking

Old 08-19-2006, 05:31 PM

I pay $5oo/year for full coverage on my bike......I have never heard of insurance being that high. My buddy has reckless driving and 2 speeding tickets on his recod and pays $1800/year for full. I think you misunderstood the quotes.

How old are you? I have never heard of insurance being that high espically when you dont have anything on your record (that wreck wouldnt count if you were in park....unless you were parked on the middle of the interstae?)

Old 08-19-2006, 07:01 PM

Right. No, I didnt misunderstand, becasue I asked about 5 time because I thought that they were insane. I am 19, so I got the age thing working against me, bu still, It shouldnt be $7000 against me!!!

Old 08-19-2006, 07:22 PM

ORIGINAL: 02yellowf4i

You dont have to have your car insurance with state farm to have motorcyle insurance with them. They carry my motorcycle and a local insurance carrys my car.
It is cheaper if u have ur car and bike on with state farm.

I pay a lil less than 40 a month for full coverage and im 19 so i dont get it where ppl say u got things workin against u if uve been a good driver u will get good insurance regardless of age, sure the old timers pay a lil less but not that much less.

Old 08-20-2006, 01:34 AM

Okay, State Farm Expert here. I work for em so, whoever is saying you have to have a car insured with us to have your bike insured is inccorect. Furthermore, you do not get a multiline discount if your bike and car are insured with us. I know, Silly but rules are rules. Laws regarding insurance are different for every state but rules regarding multi-line discounts and having to insure car and bike are across the board. $7500 for insurance is crazy!

Now, back to original question, you can have comp coverage only on your motorcycle but, if state law requires you to have a minimum amount of liability, you are in violation. I am speaking about CA laws so it might be different in the state you are in regarding what you are required to carry. I insure a guy that takes his Harley out only once a year for the Sturgis run. During most of the year he has comp only (we suspend coverage for him at no cost). When he rides the trip, we resume the regular insurance for him.

Havoc, thanks for the referrel! You rock!

Old 08-20-2006, 01:48 AM

Well, I am not sure because I live in Florida and they told me most of what you said,but that they require car for motorcycle. But I have my renters insurance through them now, so I dunno, but either way i am not paying 7k for insurance reguardless! Thanks for all your help. I will keep looking

Old 08-20-2006, 02:17 AM

Nick, your 12 month GEICO® Motorcycle Insurance premium is:

$7,385.00.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. They can shove it too!!!

Old 08-23-2006, 01:29 PM

I live in Oregon. 450 per year for my 02 954 full coverage. It would have been 650 but Allstate does give discounts for having auto, home and bike insurance with them.

Old 08-23-2006, 01:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try American Modern: http://www.amig.com

when i was looking at getting an 05 GSXR the quote i got everywhere were $10,000/yr for full coverage...and yes i was shocked too. the quote i got from american modern was $74/mo full coverage. on my F1 i am paying $37/mo for full. i was 20 at the time and have like 4 accidents on my record.

Quick Reply: Insurance