Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Incompetent A$$e$

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats some reckless **** right there, i might of pulled over and had some words with them just on the principle of there stupidity but prob wouldnt have gotten anywhere with them, def would have been some damage if they got ahold of me and crashed my bike, my helmet and hard plastic knuckled gloves would have been handy there

Old 08-13-2010, 10:42 AM

I have learned over the years to time traffic better than others. As a line starts moving, there is always someone on the phone or paying no attention that lets a big gap open. So I move into it. That makes them mad. "Hey, I created that gap. That was my gap. I have dibs on it." Why did you allow such a big gap? Were you leaving a big gap so you could drag race yourself for entertainment? It's traffic. I get to use the empty spaces.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:05 PM
June 2011 ROTM

There is always a gap. Find your bitch, take their gap.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:42 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've found that if I act like I have absolutely no interest in moving over to another lane gaps are frequent and easy to shoot into. If it looks like I'm trying to get over people will move closer together so there's no room to do it. Gotta outfox 'em.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:44 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

in chi town where there is traffic jams ive seen whole groups of bikes ride right down the middle lol... not very intelligent but hey whatever works

Old 08-16-2010, 12:23 PM

A couple years ago, A customer (friend) and I went out to a remodel job of his to get some door specs. Along the way I picked up a very large nail in my rear. By the time we got to the house it was completely flat. The home owner had a bicycle tire pump that he let us take so we could make it to the local dealership. Traffic was so bad that we decided to ride on the shoulder because my rear was not holding air for very long. We passed cars on the right at 10 mph. Just about every car we passed was swearing and calling us names... Until we had to stop to pump up the rear. All the cars that we passed, passed us. As I was pumping up my tire I waved at them. Some looked embarrassed, some still gave me dirty looks.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:05 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been saying for yrs that *Motorcycle Awareness* should be a section/part of Driver's Education, which should be required of all drivers.

However, its difficult to educate if they don't want to learn either. Its ignorance/attitude vs knowledge/awareness.

So, about the only way some cagers will ever understand anything about motorcycling is if its actually mandated that they do so. This may not change the attitude for some but it will make them more aware.

In Europe & elsewhere around the world, motorcyclists & bicyclists share the road w/ cagers. For some reason, that concept can't quite be grasped here. Its ironic, seeing as how many motorcycles we have in this country.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:55 PM
June 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
I've found that if I act like I have absolutely no interest in moving over to another lane gaps are frequent and easy to shoot into. If it looks like I'm trying to get over people will move closer together so there's no room to do it. Gotta outfox 'em.
Exactly. If you put your signal on nobody is lettin you over. You gotta pick your spot. Start to go and bump the signal at the same time.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by KdubyaH
Exactly. If you put your signal on nobody is lettin you over. You gotta pick your spot. Start to go and bump the signal at the same time.
Bad thing about that around here is that if a cop sees you do that youll get ticketed. Must signal 100' before changing lanes. I got pulled over for that in my Subaru when a sheriff was riding my ***.

Old 08-20-2010, 02:50 AM

I had similar episodes like that last weekend. I rode my bike from the Poconos to my brothers place on Long Island. Traffic at the George Washington Bridge was horrible, made it there around 4pm. It was hot and my bike was getting close to overheating from sitting there so I initially was getting into traffic gaps and I could hear the Ny'ers and NJ'ers expressing their dislike. Former NY'er here so I know how they are.

A few times I had people run up on my tail after I squeezed in. After about a half hour of that I started riding up the middle. One lady decided to share my lane with me. That was interesting to see her pull up alongside me. I was in the middle of my lane too.

A little bit later I was splitting the lanes, (bike was getting really hot sitting in NY traffic), some jack *** saw me coming up between the cars and decided it would be fun to swerve right into me, I was at his rear door. Luckily at this point a gap had just opened to my left for me to squeeze in other wise I would have been a back seat passenger in his car. I ended up getting in front of him shortly afterwards. If he would have come any closer, my rear tire would have been hit by his bumper. He literally stayed about 6 inches of my tire for about 5 mins until I could get away from him. I was ready to turn the bike off and put the kickstand down to have a word with him.

Being from PA I am always armed when I ride and it seems people are much friendlier when I am OC'ing on the bike and much more willing to give me room to ride, hahaha