Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Improper passing or not????

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Improper passing or not????

Okay havoc you just went to the STUPID level with that one. Here is the actual law for you south carolina law 56-5-1810---(b) Upon all roadways any vehicle proceeding at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions then existing shall be driven in the right-hand lane then available for traffic or as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway, except when overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction or when preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway.

Notice it doesnt say "proceeding less than the Posted speed"

Old 09-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ok so when you get a speeding ticket and tell the cop that you were just keeping the pace of traffic (even though traffic is speeding) that you dont deserve to get a ticket .. see how far that gets you

Old 09-08-2007, 05:16 PM

^^^Ha dude some people just cant except facts lol
SECTION 21650-21664
By the way heres your home state law that says the same thing-

Old 09-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: bboi

He was wrong to invade the lane like that But you said you saw him comin up and obviously he was moving faster than you, why wouldnt you get over. Slower traffic stay right. I kno this is one of my pet peeves on the highway. Ill come up behind someone and they wont get over. Which is illegal by the way.
I hate that, too. In my truck, I always get stuck behind an asshat that won't move over into the right lane. It is much harder on the bike, though. Honestly, I run about 5-10 over the limit sometimes, and I can't see people coming up behind me unless I lift my arms. I prefer to focus infront of me instead of behind. On my bike, out of courtesy, I would move around the guy infront and not pass in the same lane.

Old 09-09-2007, 12:28 AM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

Harley slips by me on the left.

I guess you didn't get the memo? Harley riders own the road, don'tcha know?!

Old 09-09-2007, 03:20 AM

The passingbiker just wasn't thinking. He must be having a field day...forgetting about safety. I don't think he was being a dick...since he did smile and waved.

Still that is hazardous and dangerous.

As to the quote below...

ORIGINAL: bboi

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

^ so your speeding (illegal) and because someone who is doing the speed limit wont move they are in the wrong ?

maybe i didnt understand you correctly and you actually meant that your doing the speed limit and you come up on someone who is doing under the limit and they wont move
You have seen the signs "slower traffic keep right" havent you? Do you think that road signs should be optional? If you are Slower traffic than the guy behind you then shouldnt you "keep right"? I mean the person who comes up behind you could in fact be speeding, but cops get paid to enforce the speed limit not you.
Bboi is kind of right about....the law...about the left lane...IS...use mainly for the purpose of passing slower vehicles.

...passing usually entails ...speeding...with speeds greater than 5mph....10 to 20 here myself...(referring to car driving here)

People should not be cruising the speed limit nor doing JUST 5mph over the speed limit on the left lane in my opinion.

Anyways back to the harley invader...just plain dangerous...and wrong.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:59 AM

ill stagger if the guy staggers too....if not i just pass or fall back but never be a dick and lane pass like that....