Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

IMPD: Officer in fatal motorcycle crash was impaired

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IMPD: Officer in fatal motorcycle crash was impaired

A blood draw from an Indianapolis police officer who crashed into two motorcycles, killing one person and critically injuring two others, tested positive for alcohol, Chief Paul Ciesielski said today.
"We are currently working with the prosecutor's office after learning the results of the blood draw for alcohol have tested positive on Officer David Bisard," Ciesielski said in a prepared statement. "The investigation in to the crash continues and we will be consulting with the prosecutor's office tomorrow to determine what charges may be filed.

"Once those decisions are made, we will be able to provide more details about the investigation."
A family member of one of the victims said he was told by authorities that Bisard had a blood alcohol count of .19 percent -- more than twice the legal limit for driving.
The Marion County Prosecutor's Office is reviewing facts of the case.
"The office is considering information from the crime lab and other sources," Susan Deckard, spokeswoman for the prosecutor's office, said in a release. "Tomorrow, you can expect an updated statement from the prosecutor's office regarding the status of the case."
The accident happened about 11:20 a.m. Friday at 56th Street and Brendon Way South Drive. Bisard, a canine officer, was responding to a request for assistance on a felony warrant and had his emergency lights and siren operating, police said.
Eric Wells, 30, suffered head injuries and died. Kurt Weekly, 44, and Mary Mills, 47, were injured.
Bisard, who was slightly injured, has been put on desk duty pending the results of the crash investigation.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...h-was-impaired

Old 08-10-2010, 09:48 PM

This is my local police dept here in Indianapolis Indiana. I am ****ing outraged. And they didn't even suspend him just put him on desk duty. I am sooo sick of the ongoing courption of our police. Something has to be done but they waited past 48 hours to file charges. They just released this info today. They are trying to sweep this under the carpet. I think I might just have to get some people together and get on the news and demand justice

Old 08-10-2010, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by NAP2AZ
This is my local police dept here in Indianapolis Indiana. I am ****ing outraged. And they didn't even suspend him just put him on desk duty. I am sooo sick of the ongoing courption of our police. Something has to be done but they waited past 48 hours to file charges. They just released this info today. They are trying to sweep this under the carpet. I think I might just have to get some people together and get on the news and demand justice
He killed someone dude - 48 hours won't matter.

Your reading hearsay from one of the victims family as truth. Instead of being the judge and jury before hearing the facts wait and see how the department ultimately handles the case. The article even says they are waiting for the tox results and to discuss with the prosecutor before filing charges.

As sad as this is and as ridiculous as it is that a police officer was drunk in his own car (if that is the case) I can already tell this is going to deteriorate into a police bashing thread, especially with some of your comments you just posted. It wreaks of anti-police mentality. Hopefully the mods won't let that happen - there are always bad apples in every profession.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:40 PM

Fair enough but you don't live where I live.

As for hersay from one of the victims family, indystar.com is our local newspaper and the information that was provided to the public is what I based my own opinion on.

"we walk the same path but got on different shoes, live in the same building but have different views"

Old 08-10-2010, 11:13 PM

Five previous on-duty crashes

Bisard has been involved in five other on-duty accidents in the past eight years. All were considered minor and did not involve injuries.

In June 2002, Bisard struck a fence, and in December 2003, he slid into a fence. In January 2004, a suspect's car struck Bisard's squad car. In September 2005, he struck a concrete retaining wall, and in August 2007, a suspect's car hit Bisard's squad car

http://wthr.m0bl.net/w/main/story/13043694/

Old 08-13-2010, 06:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are having a rally Friday night at the circle for police injustice at 7pm. Hmm, let's go rally where all the bikers like to hangout on weekends. Let's start a riot. The wife is riding her bike down there to support the rally.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:21 PM

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-bisar...,6025764.story

Indianapolis — During a news conference Thursday afternoon, Marion County Prosecutor Carl Brizzi said the blood alcohol test performed on Officer David Bisard, is not admissable in court.

As a result, all DUI charges against Officer Bisard will be dropped. The prosecutor's office is still pursuing three other charges against Bisard, including reckless homicide and criminal recklessness.

Bisard is accused in a fatal crash that killed a man, and injured two others. The blood alcohol test in question showed that Bisard was intoxicated more than twice the legal limit (.19 BAC).