Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

i'm a poser?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: i'm a poser?

+1 on knowing your limits and riding location. Here in South Carolina about every third curve has that sand-dirt mixture on the inside and outside 25% of the turn...that doesn't leave a whole lotta room to try stuff out without lowsliding all over the place....Or screwing up and highsiding. The guys I ride with brag about not having the strips...what they don't say is they tore the outside up at Jennings, a race track in Florida not the streets of Charleston. So Who's the poser???

Old 05-23-2006, 01:29 AM

Better a live chicken than a dead or permanently crippled one. It's one thing to push your limits (once you find them) - being reckless and stupid is another.
Terry

Old 05-23-2006, 02:35 AM
Retired Admin

Man the ony ones who are even going to acknowledge them are the guy's who ride to substitute for something else they may be lacking in. True riders, the guys that ride for the thrill and the enjoyment and the guys you want to meet and make friends with will never even bring them up. Hell I see them on my bike at times and the only reason any of us in our group brings them up is when we do hammer hard on a run down a road and get to the end and pull over to talk about the run we just took and look at the tires to see how we did. But if you are in a group or at an event or even just anywhere and someone brings it up in haste the come from the other crop of riders you want to avoid. Just say "Oh yea havent looked in awhile at that tire, I didn't need to find a supliment for something else lacking. She seemed well taken care of last night....but maybe you can can check on that for me and ask her when you get home?" That should shut them up......or **** them off so make sure your buddies are there when you say it. lol Stay up man! Course he could also just be jealous of your bike?

Old 05-23-2006, 03:04 AM

alittle off topic but...................I FARTED[sm=oopssign.gif]

Old 05-24-2006, 10:47 AM

I pose when I do that !!!
ORIGINAL: Pilot Powers

alittle off topic but...................I FARTED[sm=oopssign.gif]

Old 05-24-2006, 11:09 AM
Banned

I had some punk point at my tires and say chicken strips. I pointed at his shirt and and told him you have some strings hanging out of your sleeves', he looked and then I said 'oh sorry, they must be your arms'.

I'm sure he had more to say, just not around me.

Old 05-24-2006, 05:59 PM

Wow...I have been out of the game for too long I guess.....chicken strips.....I guess back in the day my tires didn't have any, but I'm sure the ones on my new bike will, at least on my street tires....old enough now to realize the only tire that shouldn't have some type of 'chicken strips' on them are my track tires.....so I guess I will have to join you as wearing my chicken strips proudly.....don't get me wrong, I ride fast, but we all have different limits and I have no desire to trash 14k or myself finding out mine. There is a difference between fear and respect, if you fear the bike you shouldn't be on it, but respecting the capabilities of your bike, and more importantly is just sign of intelligence. Now if you armor all your tires, we gotta talk....

Old 05-24-2006, 06:02 PM

guess finishing my sentence before posting my response would be a better sign of intelligence, what I meant to say is that respecting the capabilities of your bike and more importantly YOUR OWN SKILL is a sign of intelligence. Guess I'd better order hooked on phonics....