Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

i'm a poser?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 10:28 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: i'm a poser?

Got to agree with the vast majority here. Ride within your comfort zone and don't worry about chicken strips. And don't let some dork make you feel inferior because you don't ride as fast as he/she does. Congratulations on having the sense to ride your own pace.

Old 05-21-2006, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have always had more respect for the person who rides safe rather than some stupid squid who rides fast and stupid. It is always best to keep thhe shiny side up..

Old 05-21-2006, 11:57 PM

ORIGINAL: 13brsxsrr

ORIGINAL: miss demeaner

Don't worry about what they say. You are the one that has to go home with your head at the end of the day, and as long as you are happy with yourself, then thats all that counts.
+1, The more you ride the lower they'll get! I've never met anyone that was WSB quality when they first got on the street. We all started pretty much the same way.
Next time you post my picture up and don't give credit i will become pissed. j/k

But i know who the whole poser issue goes, I had a big arguement with a FORMER buddy, It started by me asking him if he was buying another bike after selling his '02 F4i. He replied no, Then i replied so it wasn't the image you thought it would be so you sold it? That started the battle LoL he bought it used with 3800 miles on it crashed it then ended up putting about 130miles on it before selling it to his daddys friend for 7k!!!! (his dad paid the guy back the difference of what it should have cost) but he started saying my bike is underpowered etc, trying to tell me his bike had 112hp AT THE WHEEL a 2002 f4i completely stock. so then and there i shut the conversation and walked out. All in all he was the definition of a squid, quite funny.

Old 05-22-2006, 01:11 AM

Hell I ride thru dirt just to high light my chincken strips up,, you should have told him " them arnt chicken strips, there burn out marks, lets see your?" any ways just like what the other have said, it is your bike, your health, and your fun, stay were you are comfortable. **** on the noobie want-a-bees they did not just jump on a bike and was a pro over night ether.

Old 05-22-2006, 02:47 AM

Hey man, Don't sweat it. This "Poser" issue is in everything. When I skate I hear it all the time. When I kart I hear it. When at car club events it is everywhere. It's everywhere and just let it roll off. As long as you are having fun and not hurt then that is all that matters.

Old 05-22-2006, 01:25 PM

Mmmmm..... chicken strips. Wendy's has the best chicken strips.

Not that I feel like a "poser", but that fact that the very most outer edges of my tires are untouched bothers me a little. If the tire manufacturer put a surface there then damnit I should be using it. I've only got about a 3/8" area that's untouched, but I'm working on it. I actually spent about an hour yesterday in a large clean parking lot just doing figure 8s, trying to get the knee down, controlling the throttle at high lean angles at lower speeds, and grinding out the chicken strips. I made some progress, but still no knee and the strips remain. I'll keep working at it though.

Old 05-22-2006, 03:26 PM

ORIGINAL: kickencbr

strips are the part of your tires that are unmolested(the more you lean your bike the less the tire is clean). Where i live we have alot of people who say they ride only to drop there bike on the first turn. they want to look good, and dont care about the sport of riding. stright lines are not riding, anyone, and i mean anyone can get on a bike and go stright, it takes skill to RIDE a bike. not saying you guys dont. always ride within your limits and dont worry about what people say, they dont have to pay the reaper, you do.
I don't think anyone's disputing that it takes skills to go hot in the turns, but let's also factor in that in some areas, there ARE no turns to go hot in (north Florida being one of those locations). Hey, I ride almost daily -- commute back and forth to work, go on longer distance rides with the BF on weekends... but hey, guess what? I've got chicken strips. Not due to lack of TRYING, but just that the only curves we've got around here are highway onramps!!

Old 05-22-2006, 03:57 PM

Ride to make yourself feel good, who cares what anyone else thinks.

Old 05-22-2006, 08:28 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: neebelung

... but just that the only curves we've got around here are highway onramps!!
Negative -- I saw you posing on Chris' bike

Old 05-22-2006, 08:47 PM

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

ORIGINAL: neebelung

... but just that the only curves we've got around here are highway onramps!!
Negative -- I saw you posing on Chris' bike
LoL

Quick Reply: i'm a poser?