CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   I'm not sure why... (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/im-not-sure-why-83968/)

fishfryer527 12-08-2008 11:38 AM

I'm not sure why...

I'm not sure why this forum seems so boring lately. Maybe it is the cold weather in most of the country so nobody is really ridingor maybe it seems like the sametopics have been beat to death. It really just seems a little too mindless right now. Maybe the moderators need to lift the 'no religion and no politics' ban for a while.

RedRider07 12-08-2008 11:42 AM

RE: I'm not sure why...

Maybe there needs to be some more activity in the other threads such as Other Bike Chat, BOTM, General Modifications, etc. instead of just Off Topic and Sights N' Sounds:eek:

Timmy_Jones 12-08-2008 11:44 AM

The product reviews section is dead, I did a mini writeup on some pretty slick riding boots.

On a side note, the cold weather sucks, BAD. If anyone knows it you, being up north of me. -6 windchill thismorning. Bike seat was rock hard it was so frozen, didnt try to start her up. Rode the cage to school. :(

cbrsix 12-08-2008 11:46 AM

The cold weather i bet is definitely putting a damper on things

Red600RR 12-08-2008 11:46 AM

I've had some of mydebate deleted lately.....so I gave up on anything controversial.

fishfryer527 12-08-2008 11:53 AM

I've had some of mydebate deleted lately.....so I gave up on anything controversial.
Everything needs to be chocolate rivers and rainbows.

Lord Jersey 12-08-2008 12:32 PM

You all have good points, just remember, YOU make this board lively or boring. It has nothing to do with the Admins/Mods. There aren't gonna be any lifted bans either. Start posting in the other areas about bike related things and it will get up there with the OT/S&S areas.
LJ

SpiritRR 12-08-2008 01:02 PM

I don't think it's boring. One 'member' had three or four profiles banned...way entertaining. And the noob trend is to swagger in like they own the place, which is plenty of fodder right there...where have you been, your opinions and your meat balls make it interesting, too. So really, it's your fault. lol

TK954RR 12-08-2008 01:21 PM

Its not the same as is used to be say last winter. But i dont think its bad, personalities change, people come and go. I agree, its all what you make it. Me personally last winter i hardly posted. This year now i know people, and feel more free to chat, its all good for me.

HAVOC 12-08-2008 01:25 PM

damn nazi mods [:@]that jackass havoc wont let anyone talk about anything fun.. 0o0o wait that me :D

catamayo85 12-08-2008 01:28 PM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

damn nazi mods [:@]that jackass havoc wont let anyone talk about anything fun..

+1 that jerkstore, doesnt even send invites to play xbox live anymore :(

madgreek 12-08-2008 01:29 PM

The forum's cyclical. It always has been, and always will be...

...now go mod your bike like you're supposed to!

HAVOC 12-08-2008 01:31 PM

ORIGINAL: catamayo85

damn nazi mods [:@]that jackass havoc wont let anyone talk about anything fun..

+1 that jerkstore, doesnt even send invites to play xbox live anymore :(
hahah to be fair.. its usually my brother on my 360 more often then i am. so he doesnt accept any invites or send any either.

ta8218 12-08-2008 01:53 PM

Well... this is what other forums have to offer...

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/4408/55609954dh2.jpg

I like it here...

CBRclassic 12-08-2008 02:10 PM

damn nazi mods [:@]that jackass havoc wont let anyone talk about anything fun.. 0o0o wait that me :D
Boring??? :eek:
I could always post the story about the time I dragged a vet ;)

CBRclassic 12-08-2008 02:14 PM

ORIGINAL: RedRider07

Maybe there needs to be some more activity in the other threads such as Other Bike Chat, BOTM, General Modifications, etc. instead of just Off Topic and Sights N' Sounds:eek:
I think Red, that the problem is that life tends to be full of more non bike things than bike stuff..

I know allot is said about Off Topic being over used ....but at the end of the day , if you log in here regularly , most are going to have little new news or stories regarding there rides than the other stuff going on in there lives ..

Juliet 12-08-2008 02:46 PM

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

I dont think its boring. One 'member' had three or four profiles banned...way entertaining. And the noob trend is to swagger in like they own the place, which is plenty of fodder right there...where have you been, your opinions and your meat balls make it interesting, too. So really, its your fault. lol

Absolutely, the gsxr eater thread was a riot I thought .. and yes, it is fishys fault too ..he used to be fun but now he is boring then whinges the forum is boring ;) ..so, get your ass back here more often and liven the place up :-)

Jules

RedRider07 12-08-2008 03:42 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

I think Red, that the problem is that life tends to be full of more non bike things than bike stuff..

I know allot is said about Off Topic being over used ....but at the end of the day , if you log in here regularly , most are going to have little new news or stories regarding there rides than the other stuff going on in there lives ..

This is very true, but it just seems like some parts of the forum are rarely ever touched. For example, I know everyone here is a Honda nut, but I would love to see some more talk about other bikes in the Other Bike Chat thread. vpsophmore is good about generating some convo in there, but I know there are plenty of other guys on here with interest in other bikes as well. I research a lot on my own, but I know there are things i'm missing that others probably know about. It was probably a week before any new responses or posts went up in there. Another example would be our BOTM thread. We only had about 25 votes for Novemeber, it would be awesome to see a lot more than that for December which has a great set of bikes to vote for! I'm not complaining that we over use the OT or anything because I find a lot of entertainment in here. Maybe it's just me, but I want to start taking advantage of some of the other helpful threads on this forum.

jaynd 12-08-2008 04:09 PM

im sure i over use 'off topic' but im not a gear head. i dont know much of anything mechanically about so im no help in 'general tech' or 'how to'. i DO check in on 600rr threads and F4i threads daily. if i see something i can help someone with, i jump on it, if i see something i can learn from.......i read it.

TK954RR 12-08-2008 04:13 PM

I post a ton in off topic and sights and sounds. But i go to almost every topic, if i can ever help in the 600 or 929, or even stunt i try to, but as stated just not a lot going on there. But i am always here to help if i can.

RedRider07 12-08-2008 04:21 PM

^Yeah I hear you guys, and see you in the other threads as well. There is a pretty sweet post your 600 thread going on in the 600RR thread.

FLYOU 12-08-2008 04:26 PM

RE: Im not sure why...

ORIGINAL: ta8218

Well... this is what other forums have to offer...

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/4408/55609954dh2.jpg

I like it here...

I made a post like that a year or two ago...

https://cbrforum.com/m_408604/tm.htm

RCR 12-08-2008 08:05 PM

Were on lockdown and if anything looks like its going south of Kittens and rainbows that Nazi HAVOC LOCKS IT:D

dinez74 12-08-2008 09:26 PM

I don't agree. The forum is still running great despite some area seems dead.

fishfryer527 12-08-2008 10:34 PM

So really, it's your fault. lol

and yes, it is fishys fault
Maybe Spirit and Jules are right, it is my fault.

My recent thoughts are not bike related, I ride the thing everyday, but I find myself yelling at the TV like a mental patient when I am not on my bike. This is the basis of my latest tirade:

How can Obama's economic stimulus plan of rebuilding infrastructure help this country? I understand people will go to work, but you and I will be paying their salaries for things that we may not need. What is worse is that most of the money these new workers willmake will be exported to China and in return we will get a buttload of G.I Joes with the Kung Foo grip. Won't this simply weaken the dollar more and in turn make everything more expensiveby raising the demand for goods that will be paid for by worthless money thereby creating inflation and stagnant growth (stagflation)? Won't that cause interest rates to rise and then cause another housing problem since all those people building infrastructure will want to live in a new house thinking they have jobs now?

By now I really go berserk and scream like Sam Kinison and tell the TV what to do.

Why don't someone build something in this country that we want. Don't just bailout GM, Ford or Chrysler but build factories for things like Ipods and TVs and toys. These are the things we need to make in this country to reduce cash exports to other countries. Why won't anyone understand that the downfall of this country is our trade imbalance, not fixing potholes. Why not subsidise the manufacturing base in this country to bring in foriegn cash and then fix the roads with that money. It amazes me that there are nothing but retards on my TV and only the voices in my head make any sense.

Sorry, I just had to get that thought out. Goodnight.

RCR 12-08-2008 10:54 PM

+1 I hear those voices in your head also. Drives me crazy when all that money gets thrown in the wrong direction. at this pace 2012 Mayan calander may be correct about the end of civilization.

Juliet 12-09-2008 02:19 AM

Do the voices in your head also tell you that non of the above matters when the oil runs out ... thats the real crisis ahead, isnt it?? ..end of oil equals end of civilistaion as you all knew it ...

Jules

Shadow 12-09-2008 02:33 AM

I hear where you're coming from Fish
Problem is, the average Non-Asian worker won't sit in a factory 12 hours a day for subsistence wages. THAT's why the stuff comes into other countries cheaply - it can't be made economically in the States or other westernised countries, as the wage requirements are just too high.
I bought a pair of Fila trainers (sports shoes, etc) and paid a lot for them, thinking, oh well, Italian made, nice......checked the tag when I got home
MADE IN CHINA
go figure..............[:@]:)[X(]

CBRclassic 12-09-2008 02:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Juliet

Do the voices in your head also tell you that non of the above matters when the oil runs out ... thats the real crisis ahead, isnt it?? ..end of oil equals end of civilistaion as you all knew it ...

Jules

http://www.home-business-host.com/im...screaming4.gif

lonewolfcbr 12-09-2008 03:16 AM

*there is no oil*

Juliet 12-09-2008 06:26 AM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

Maybe Spirit and Jules are right, it is my fault.

My recent thoughts are not bike related, I ride the thing everyday, but I find myself yelling at the TV like a mental patient when I am not on my bike.

Yes, we are right ..lol ..you have what we call "grumpy old man" syndrome and its very real sweetheart ..my dad went the same way, its quite endearing really and you can be even funnier with it than you were before you got grumpy ;)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd5OrEYlRiU

Jules

fishfryer527 12-09-2008 06:36 AM

I agree that this country is f**ked when it comes to energy. Now that are gasoline is well under $2 per gallon a heavytax should be placed on fuel to make sure people don't buy new non-commercial usetrucks and SUVs and the revenue fromthat tax should go into R&D for energy independence. I wonder if fuel efficiency laws shouldn't be passed for motorcycles too. It seems like a 500 lb object should be able to get 60mpg. I wonder if our obsession with acceleration should not be legislated out of the realm of possibilities.

Problem is, the average Non-Asian worker won't sit in a factory 12 hours a day for subsistence wages. THAT's why the stuff comes into other countries cheaply - it can't be made economically in the States
That is exactly the problem. But why isn't that the goal of Mr. Obama, to find things that can be made here and even if those workers are subsidised and their foreign competitors made to pay a heavy tariff, why won't that work. Maybe we Americans buy too much stuff because it is cheap due to foriegn labor, maybe we should buy fewer sneakers or TVs or Ipods, but maybe they should be made here so we stay employed and we pay taxes and we don't export out money to china. We are a nation of bartenters, salesclerks,and bankers, we don't make anything anymore.