Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

If you think your bike is safe....

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Retired Administrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 01-08-2006, 08:48 PM
Default RE: If you think your bike is safe....

No one even gave a crap about what they were doing. I would say that is since it is in NYC but I imagine that could happen in a lot of towns no matter the size. You are right, someone could easily grab a sportbike with a few guys and be gone.

Old 01-08-2006, 09:55 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some thirty years ago my brother was sitting in his living room reading when he saw a pickup pull up next to his car port. Four guys got out. By the time he got to the front door they had picked up his BSA, thrown it in the back of the pickup and were driving away. Obviously he called the police, but his bike was never seen again. Took less that two minutes from the time he saw them get out of the truck until they were on the road. Admittedly it wasn't chained or tied down in anyway. Had it been this group might have passed it by. It happened in Great Falls, Montana, not New York City.

Old 01-09-2006, 02:17 AM

Thats a New York good samaritan at the end! " HEY, youses is stealings thats all wrongs, try deases plierses"

Old 01-09-2006, 10:53 AM

Get lots of that type of theft, over here. Really lowest of the low theives are [:@]

Old 01-09-2006, 01:47 PM

Buddy of mine, whose about 45 now, when he was 16 or so, stole anything he could find. He had a little pickup, and, doesn't even remember the number of bikes he stole. Whether it be bicycles, or, motorcycles. He had him and a passenger up front, and, two guys in back. They just rolled through store parking lots. THey stopped where they saw a motorcycle, all 4 jumped out, and, threw it in the truck. He said less than one minute of stopping, they were gone. He did eventually get busted and, spent a little time in a nice little square with bars on the windows. He's been legit since, but, now that he's got a Harley fat boy, he's not taking any chances with it. He's got the bolt down to the floor rod that goes through his wheel. Then, when he's out riding some place, he's got it parked right outside the front door on the sidewalk nearest the police cars parking spaces. And, has taught me afew things as well. Put your bike in a place that is the most consipicous, and, would take the most effort to get to. I'm sure all of you know this, but, sometimes it takes a nice wakeup call before it's too late.

Tylor

Old 01-09-2006, 03:47 PM

lmao maybee we should all sleep with are bikes ?

Old 01-09-2006, 04:09 PM

it's the only way to be sure!

Tylor

Old 01-10-2006, 09:07 PM

OMG!! I love the grinder one. Thats like screaming "hey look at me and what I am doing"

Old 01-15-2006, 04:20 AM

It's waaaay too easy to grab a motobike....

I lost my key in Daytona one year while partaking in the midnight madnesss... After losing the keys/lock key too, my friend and I went back its location and basically stole it back from my original negligence. Cut the lock after a short trip to tool store and both myself (TWO PEOPLE) and my bud picked her up and put her in his truck. There is an easy method for two people believe. Took less than a minute to getter up since I was getting tired quickly! Strapping her down took much more time and we were off. Scary to think a large open bay van would have been even easier. No one cared or asked so I really didn't have to explain myself which made me much more conciencious about the whole thing...

TWO PEOPLE and it's gone - watch out. If I can do it.... well enough said for the pros!

Quick Reply: If you think your bike is safe....