Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

If you are an animal lover - Help Dick's Sporting Goods protest Mike Vick!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 06:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't condone what he did, in fact I am rather appauled by it, but people putting animals on the same level as humans is rediculous. They are animals! not humans. His sentence was more severe than that of a rapist, a drug dealer, a drunk driver..... ect. how is that fair. Now, people who have their morals all screwed up are saying he shouldnt play or get paid. Give me a break. Now don't buy his jersey either.. wow.. all I can say is wow. this worlds priorities are getting farther and farther away from what really matters.

You can treat animals kindly and love them, but when you start seeing animals as having the same rights as human beings, its time for an evaluation. I think too many Disney movies when people were younger have warped too many brains.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:38 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The world's moral compass is in little Suzy's handbasket pointing straight to hell.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by f4itypeofguy
^^^^what the hell if that guy talking about? animal karma? lol wow. Those dogs did nothing to be treated like that. I believe they were raised to be fought so reconsider the facts.

my bad homie i didnt kno u were so fukin closed minded. smoke some weed man maybe u wont be so lame.

Old 08-29-2009, 01:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by ridinthabay408
my bad homie i didnt kno u were so fukin closed minded. smoke some weed man maybe u wont be so lame.
Oh yes, the use of drugs and alcohol is well known to promote reason and logic. As a bonus, it helps align our moral compass and give ambition to achive our priorities and goals.

I was wondering, do these dogs have souls and is that required for the karma thing?

Old 08-29-2009, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by pitsvtec
I'm an animal lover and do not support this fool, but I'm sure most of you have heard by now that Michael Vick has been signed by the Philadelphia Eagles. Well Dick's Sporting Goods has refused to sell his jersey. If you agree with this, please contact Dick's Sporting Goods and thank them for not carrying the Vick Jersey. I just called. They are keeping a count of the calls thanking them for not selling the jerseys. Keep it going.

The corporate number is 866-677-4771 ... press "0" for the operator.
wow. just increadable. your protesting someone who fell from hifher then we'll ever be and has done jail time? GET A LIFE. Protest dante' stallworth, you know he killed a person and got 30 days, next to that, you gota be kidding

Old 08-29-2009, 03:17 PM

LOL, I'll be honest, I dont follow professional sports. I wouldnt know who he was except for the dog fighting thing.
I dont really condone dog fighting but I do know how you can be raised in culture where its condoned and all your friends are into it. While I think all professional sports people are paid 101% too much. I also think the man paid his price, a big price for something that didnt hurt anyone. (dogs yes people no) so let the man live his life........

Old 08-29-2009, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by ridinthabay408
i am an animal lover but i also think michael vick is one of the best running quarter backs in the world.. but i believe in karma.. so those dogs probably did something bad to be in the situation their in.. haha animal karma is real too!
run dog run? run mike run? now thats good chit. *****

Old 08-29-2009, 06:32 PM
July 2008 ROTM

This is stupid. He served his sentence. Move on.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:38 PM
Default why get in it then?

Originally Posted by Aken
This is stupid. He served his sentence. Move on.
yes sir sir

Old 08-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HAHA!!

I'm glad I came back to this thread. Good stuff...

I personally don't care that Vick's playing again. Like a few have already said, he did his time (and probably more than the average joe).
I don't particularly like him for reasons I've stated above. I hope to see him fall flat this season, because I'd rather see more stand-up guys than him playing well and getting paid. Am I gonna protest Vick? The Eagles? No.
Am I gonna make it clear that I don't like him? Sure.

Which brings me to the comments about the moral decline in this country.
I agree about how stupid some people are about animals vs. people, and I probably hate the chit more than most.
However, I think there is an argument to be made about how some people (like me) may not be thrilled about a person like Vick being held up as an NFL icon making millions. He's not worse than everyone in the league, but certainly not a moral leader by any means. I don't like a few other a-holes in the league... but it doesn't mean that kids should be looking up to Vick, either.

As far as 'dog karma'.... lol...
Yep, i think the heavy pot use pretty much explains that...
"I kicked my dog in the face because I'm pretty sure he had it coming. It's a karma thing." ????
Wait, on second thought, that sounds more like something a crackhead would say....

Quick Reply: If you are an animal lover - Help Dick's Sporting Goods protest Mike Vick!