Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

if there was ever a time to give up....

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default if there was ever a time to give up....

i feel like its now. my '08 RR turned 3,330 miles yesterday......and was layed down. it just sucks, hit a deer in May, highside into a guardrail in July, and now this. the worst part, it was litteraly yards from my last accident (very next turn, but going the opposite way). i was wearing my A* boots, A* jacket, A* gloves and sweatpants. now, i KNOW i wasnt acting like an ***, i ride completely different when im not geared head to toe. i'll admit when i have on my leather track pants i tend to push the envelope a bit (not really since my last accident though)......but yesterday, i was simply going through a turn doing the speedlimit. i wasnt hanging off, wasnt trying to drag knee......i was just going through the corner and lowsided. there was no oil, no gravel......all i can come up w/ is i either slid on the paint (White line), or the tires that i OH SO hate so far, slid out in the rear. now i know some may speculate how i was actually riding, but i dont even like this turn and even when i was knee dragging the F4i i never really messed w/ this turn, just never liked it and seems sketchy.

so, here i sit w/ a rashed tail, rashed right engine cover, rashed mid/upper right fairing, shaved bar end, and a huge bruised ego. the bitch, i have Vortex sliders sitting in my garage that i havent put on b/c i wanted to take it somewhere to have them done since these ones are RIGHT on the edge of the fairing.......but i procrastinated and didnt have it done yet. now......my shiney new '08 is rashed. a silver/black sharpie fixed the mid/upper rights to where even co workers didnt notice.this ****ing kills me, and if there was ever a time i felt like giving up riding...............i feel like its now [&o].

Old 09-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: if there was ever a time to give up....

F***, jay, I'm really sorry to hear about ur misfortune. I don't care to speculate on how you were riding, I'll simply take your word for it, but it all really f***in' blows. Don't quit riding though man!

I'm sure you feel even more depressed when you look at your bike,but get itback to 100% and you'll feel different. And of course, the most important thing as that the worst thing you got out of the deal was a bruised ego.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:31 PM

thanks, brother. it just sucks.....idk if i can afford to put'er back to 100%. the tail alone is around $230 and engine cover another $130. i got a little spot of road rash on my knee slightly bigger than a quarter and of course im sore today (shoulder and knee). but im just blown away, depressed, feel like ****, feel like an ***........i could keep going. i just feel like quiting. hell, last time snapped a THICK wooden guardrail w/ my back and got medivaced out and it didnt phase me like this is. i know it wasnt my fault, whether it was tires or paint.......but it sucks none the less and it still happened. and im sure the cheerful saying of "well things could have been alot worse" will come up, and im not trying to be a dick, but things could have been alot better too.

just feel like im done.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:36 PM

Man, bad things happen, you just gotta look past it, if it was really misfortune that could not be predicted, you cant be this upset. Rash isnt that bad on a bike, kinda gives it character and battle scars, shows where you've been. i know it sucks that such a new bike got laid down, but dont quit riding over it.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

you fell man it happens. doesn't matter if you were riding like a squid or the most cautious you ever have but dont give up

Old 09-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Banned

Hey man, I know where your coming from and I've been there. Like you said, you know that worse could have happened but that doesn't really matter to ya. It's understandable and a place I've been many times. Just promise us one thing at least...give it time and don't make any quick decisions.

Nobody here wants to see you make any decisions that you may regret a few months down the road, like selling your bike or parting it out.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

atleast you werent hurt bro, and like it was said, it only gives your bike character! (although i know it must be sickening to have a new bike get allrashed up)my bike happens to have A **** TON of character! [&:]

Old 09-08-2008, 01:50 PM

i wouldnt part it out, its not THAT bad. but selling crosses my mind every time i wreck.........so here i sit once again thinking about it. sell it and just strickly track the F4i. apperantly im not made to ride on public roads [X(]. idk, ....just pissed that it happened.

and soccer13pro, thats EXACTLY how i feel about my F4i. the left side has marks from hitting the deer, the right side is rashed from my highside but on that bike it doesnt matter to me as much. i mean, i actually LIKE the rash on my F4i, walking around that bike tells a story about my 1st year and 30k miles of riding, my F4i is a book written by me and its all memories. but w/ the RR, and it being SO new and now my 3rd time down apperantly every other freak'n month.......*huge sigh* [&o]........i dont like it one bit.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:54 PM

It can't be that bad... i need pics of it.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:56 PM

^ its enough for me, friend

Quick Reply: if there was ever a time to give up....