Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Idiot Looking for help/advice, buyers remorse

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 12:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idiot Looking for help/advice, buyers remorse

I went to the local Honda dealership today to hopefully pick up an 07 600, but when I got there it had already been sold. So I was pricing out a new 08 vs 09 and I got it to where the 09 was only slightly more then the 08 a month, a decided to buy. Did all the paperwork, didn't take the bike home and left it with them. I go to get insurance for it and I nearly threw up and passed out when I saw the # on my screen, I had priced it out already for 07 and it was going to be $100, I figured $180 or so for the 09. WRONG!! $350 I'm over 25 and married, how could this be, I am a newb(and should have bought a used bike anyway, but I'm an idiot and impulse bought w/out checking the ins. rate).

Now there is no way I can afford this bike and have EXTREME buyers remorse, I went back 3 hour after the purchase(had to take the wife out for dinner), but they said I'll have to talk with the manager, to see what we can do. But they kinda left me as "I'm screwed", since apprently now the bike is no longer new and it's titled in my name all with-in 4hours and the bike hasn't been insured or even had temp tag cut it hasn't even left the dealer.

I just feel like I'm gonna get screwed over big time, no matter which way I go

I was going to call Honda tomorrow before I go talk with the Manager, see I can at least get some of the facts straight or any options they may decide not to tell me about.

any advice?

Old 03-13-2009, 01:00 AM

I would raise some hell big time. Bike used my ***.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:38 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shop around with different insurance companies. I saved over $200 a year by switching to another company (no, not Geico), and that was only for the bike. Also, by utilizing rural insurance branches which receive less business than inner city ones, you can also find better deals.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:34 AM

I did shop around, thats why I almost puked and passed out

Old 03-13-2009, 02:59 AM

i almost did that but the dealer was nice enough to tell me to call my insurence before we signed and im glad i did. he lost a sell but i bought a helmet from him cuz i felt bad

Old 03-13-2009, 04:14 AM

Im not sure about America, but here in Canada there is a 24 hr cool down law that the dealer has to abide by.

You might have to sue them.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:12 AM

I called the DVM, they said that if they haven't issued me my plate(or temp tag) and registration, that is wasn't done electronically and they are able to cancel it. I'm trying to get better clarification on this, they gave me a # to call, but it's busy =-( I'll keep trying though. Also when Honda opens(damn PST time) I'll speak with them about the info I have gathered. I figure it will be easier to deal with them then the dealer, and at least I'll have some info to go in with, and if the manager doesn't make me happy today, I guess I can try and go to the owner, but it does seem that the ball is in their corner(to screw me or not).

Old 03-13-2009, 09:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the dealership offer insurance? When I got my bike, my initial ins estimate was crazy, something like around 3 grand a year. I basically told them if they can't lower it than I wont buy. Needless to say they go through progressive and next thing you know my monthly payment was lowered to 89 Jr Bacon Cheesburgers a month. A huge difference. I don't know what they did, but I'll take it. I think I know, but you'll have to PM for that info.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:43 AM

Man, are you talking 100 a month and 350 a month? If so, you really need to shop around alot more than what you have done so far. My wifes ninja 636 costs me 28 a month, and my 1000RR cost me just over 40 a month through State Farm. Im 33, but even when I was 21, my 600F3 cost me just over 20 a month.

Do yourself a favor and pick up the phone and call a few insurance companies. internet pricing can be, and usually is misleading.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:51 AM

Well I think the man reason is I'm in the DC area and bike theft is VERY HIGH, put that together with a newbie and the internet quotes me 350 a month, when i shopped around and actually called place's the best price I got was 240 a month, now if I paid for the entire year up front it would have been $150 a month but I spent all my money on the down payment.

Anyway they took car of me today, and everything was resolved before I came in.

Thx guys, 2 thumbs up
www.hondaofcrofton.com

Quick Reply: Idiot Looking for help/advice, buyers remorse