Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I swear to G*d

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 10:38 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I swear to G*d

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

On the contrary, voodoo's interjection was timely and well-played. Someone's match was lit, and our esteemed, attractive, multi-talented Moderator du Jour stepped in like a superhero, as always...flexing his sinewy muscle and plopping everyone's lollipop back in their mouths...what a cake of beef that voodoochyl is... hey send the check to my paypal okay thx lol no really happy eggnoggy xmas
Thank you for any compliment you may have made in my direction. If you were speaking the truth, you would have described me as Mod ***** instead ofMod du Jour. Also, I am less of a cake of beef and more like a fruitcake...do not want.

P.S. Do you really think I am attractive? I am so self conscious about my hair loss...

Old 12-25-2008, 11:58 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I swear to G*d

Back to the original complaint about offshore tech support.

Sometimes it's humorous:

Tech support: "Hello. I am Steven and I am helping you."
Me: "Ah yes. I am Asok and I am needing your help" (not really, but I was sorely tempted.)

Sometimes it's just downright annoying. There have been calls that have been ended mid-call because I couldn't understand what the person was saying. Nothing racial or ethnic or prejudicial about it. In fact at least one of those calls was from someone in U.S. that spoke English with a southern accent so rapidly I just couldn't understand her.

Most often it's just difficult. Understanding people who have a heavy accent is difficult. I imagine that they have as difficult a time figuring out what I'm saying at times.

Once in a while it's fun. I've had great side conversations with people from the Phillipines, India, Australia, and Canada while waiting for computers to load or do whatever. But overall, it's most pleasant to deal with techs who are easy to understand.