Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I swear to G*d

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 06:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I swear to G*d

The next time i call ANY company and get a f'ing "off-shore" rep on the phone someone is getting shot. I call Verizon because my DSL is running at just over half speed, getting random disconnects, and the phone line has no tone...not even a power indication(if you pick up a phone on a line thats dsl only and no voice you can hear that the line is active). When the DSL does get a random disconnect it takes about 10 minutes to reconnect....pissing me off while i'm trying to play WOW(ya so what). Before anyone even starts to make recommendations on this...i've been dealing with this company since i can remember and have had their internet service for going on 10 years now...i know all of the trouble shooting BS that they try and have you do plus a little more that they generally don't offer/know about. Nothing works....and it pisses me off that this lacking "off-shore" rep keeps saying "Check your CPU usage and processes"...mother f'er if it was that then all of my devices wouldn't be experiencing this crap. Ugh i'm tired of these idiots already

Old 12-24-2008, 07:07 PM
RCR
Default RE: I swear to G*d

Name:  Apu.png
Views: 12
Size:  42.6 KB

WELL if your not going to check the CPU usage and processes I can no longer help you good sir!!!

Old 12-24-2008, 07:17 PM

Cancel and get cable internet and VOIP

Old 12-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Screw cable, I have fiber to my house. I hate getting offshore help, it sucks beyond words.

Old 12-24-2008, 07:40 PM

Every time Ive had to call tech support I usually end up getting canadians on the other line.. which isnt too bad.

I just cant stand how long I usually have to end up waiting on hold... honestly.. you pay for their service and they dont even offer good quality support for it.

Old 12-24-2008, 08:02 PM
Retired Moderator

Ahh, nothing like the smell of stereotyping on the joy of Christmas eve.

Old 12-24-2008, 08:17 PM

Call it what you like it's a terrible experience almost all of the time. The reason they use offshore support is cost savings, and the service suffers for it. I never mentioned a country now did I?

Old 12-24-2008, 08:24 PM

Stupid middle eastern guy huh? Damn, thats asracist as it gets. It makes it even worse to type some BS like that on a forum that people from all over the world frequent.

Anyhow, I can deal with the foreigners on the calls. Its the automated systems the companies are using now that get on my nerves. They use voice recognition so you have to have the tv low, and cant hold a side converstation with anyone without it throwing you off.

Old 12-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have ATT dsl and hate them. As long as it is going it is great. But like you said, one bloop that is their fault and you go through this laundry list of dumb things to do. One of them actually asked me if my computer modem was within 10 feet of any electrical equipment Turns out it was their card but they only sent someone out after I had been down 2 weeks and gone through 2 new modems. Ya, they insisted it was the modem and wanted to send me a 3rd until I went ballistic and started going up the chain of command until I got a supervisor authorized to send a tech. Now I have my own special ATT number to call

Old 12-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: TheX

Call it what you like it's a terrible experience almost all of the time. The reason they use offshore support is cost savings, and the service suffers for it. I never mentioned a country now did I?
Dont feel like getting into a racially charged discussion at any time much less on Christmas eve. I am one of the least offended and last to pull a race card but if you cant CLEARLY see how a particular individual or a particular terrible experience is not what the OP posted about, rather than about an entire race than we will just have to agree to disagree. Feel free to defend it if you like but I opt out. Thanks

Hopefully he just used a poor choice of words to get his disgust with the experience across and that was all there was to it.

Quick Reply: I swear to G*d