Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I ride my way!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006 | 06:06 AM
Default RE: I ride my way!

ORIGINAL: FordFrenzy97

Man I agree I like to ride the same way (not too crazy). Unfortunately there is nobody around my town that rides like that so I end up riding with cruisers. I'd love to find someone to ride sport bikes with that don't just want to rip down the interstate at 170 all the time. the problem is that 90% of sportbikers ride like this.
yeah I'm the same way in fact I got spme friends who ride their cruisers crazier than I. where the hell is spring hill maybe I'll ride there sometime to go riding some day.

Old 06-13-2006 | 07:00 PM

Man Spring Hill is just about 1 1/2 miles south of Ocala on the west coast. My wife and I go to Ocala all the time to ride four wheelers and dirt bikes.

Old 06-13-2006 | 07:46 PM

As far as I'm concerned, it's your bike do with it and ride it the way you want to...personally i would rather ride in groups with more conservative riders, as many times more spirited riders tend to go a bit beyond their abilities, and in a group ride you are not only taking your life in your hands, but mine...and thats not okay with me....don't get me wrong, i tend to ride fast, but only when its appropriate (at least fairly safe) to do so. You won't see me zipping in and out of rush hour traffic just to get two cars a head, nor riding between cars or on the shoulder....(at least not on purpose)....everyone is entitled to have their fun, just be respectful of the other riders around you.....and no one should every make fun of any one elses lack of aggresiveness on the road (ie..chicken strips); you'd feel really bad if your poking fun caused someone to ride above their ability and get seriously hurt or killed....we are all out to have fun, some of us have fun in the front, others in the middle and others in the rear...doesn't matter who rides where...

Old 06-14-2006 | 06:25 PM

I love the power and the speed that I have in my bike, but that doesn't mean that I should act like a fool! Anyone that zips in and out of traffic is a fool! My wife has even encountered a couple of these people on the road cutting her off. She knows that I don't ride in and out of traffic but it is to all this bunch of people that others have to fight with their families to even think about owning a bike. Besides being stupid to ride like that, you have to be a complete moron to cut my wife off. She has a full size Dodge truck that is lifted high in the air with 35" tires. We all know that she would run a bike over before she would be able to stop that truck if she got into a situation. Knowing her, she woukld hit another car before she would hit the bike.

Almost every Saturday my son's Youth Pastor and I ride to Canyon Lake in AZ. Sometimes a little fast sometimes slow most of the time we just have fun. Just be safe!

Old 06-15-2006 | 01:38 PM

I love my sportbike for the speed/power/agility but that doesn't mean I have to ride like I'm racing or in some stunt show. I can't tell you how many people I drive by call me a ***** for not picking the front wheel up. And these are mostly from punk kids standing in mommy's driveway with their shorts/pants down at their ankles. I can ride and have A LOT of FUN when I want to but I'm not here to put on a show for the general moronic public. Ride to your ability NOT to someone else's expectations.

Old 06-15-2006 | 01:46 PM

ORIGINAL: cbr04
anyway, if they think you're a "puss"... then that makes 2 of us
You think he's a "puss" too?